Way cool...

Bilgemunky

So I met a new neighbor the other night while participating in a migrating porch party. Someone at the party needed a knife, and I offered up my pocketknife, which happened to be of the rigging variety. When my new neighbor noticed this he expressed an interest in buying a sailboat and learning to use it on Lake Michigan, and wondered if I might be interested in joining him.

Well we all know the answer to that :)

Later during the same party, we were discussing unusual last names, what with mine meaning "Unholy Pickle" and his meaning "Dragon." Yup, his last name is Drake. And upon further discussion, it came to light that he's a direct descendent of Sir Frances himself B)

I admit a little jealousy, as I'm still holding out hope that I'm descended from piracy m'self (which isn't so far fetched, my family boasts generations of sailors, not all of them savory sorts, and what with guys like blackbeard having 14 wives, the odds have got to be in my favor, right?) But until I find evidence of my own piratical heritage, I think sailing with an actual Captain Drake would be pretty nifty. Maybe I can be quartermaster B)

I AM BILGEMUNKY