belated return...

Duchess

Hello! Hello! and thank you for the handsome welcome home! The tale is long though the shortened version be: I gained some skills, lost a friend, got a truck, and moved half way across the country.

How have things been with you these past many days?

The Duchess

. . .the shortened version be: I gained some skills, lost a friend, got a truck, and moved half way across the country. . .

Ahoy there Duchess and welcome yarself back aboard.

But do you have anything version of your story that's a bit less vague you can tell us? Maybe just a medium size version of yar time away at sea?

As for things around here, they are pretty much what they are or were. . . That is except the board changing hands - being acquired by Commodore Bloddy Buckets and the site getting a face-lift.

In any case, welcome back!

welcome back to port

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

P'raps I spoke to soon about a return!

For the journey, it began with a degree pilfered last fall. Then with much time at hand, I took on a volunteer project to plan a large event. At said event a friend of mine died doing something he was very skilled at doing, at my behest, in front of several thousand people, though it was no fault of his. Realizing it could have been me, I went to Florida to procure some more flight training. Then to northern wisconsin for a little art camp in the woods, some camping out in Montanna. And now in the unfortunately Inland Northwest, I'm back on the degree path, thinking that something else might be nicer, as the proverbial sailing is certainly not smooth.

It is good to see so many familar names!

The Duchess

"unfortunately Inland Northwest?"

Where ye be lass? Plunderin' the Palouse?

Lurkin' in the bays of Coer d' Alene?

Hangin out in the pub across from the Expo 74?

:ph34r:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Plundering the Palouse it is, indeed!

The only truely unfortunate part about is that I traded one land locked home for another, half a country away. Though truth be told, the coasts are to populated for me own comfort. So the Palouse and more schooln' it is for me.

The Duchess

On the Bright Side yer only a day drive away from Portland and or Seattle. And if yore really desperate for some sea air, Pullman-Moscow airport has shuttle flights.

The lower Columbia is almost sea-like.

And there be a few good pubs in Spokane--taint much of a waterfront along the riverpark square, but the Viking and O'Doherty's pour a fine pint. :ph34r:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!