'PRIVATEER!........Inc.'

the Royaliste

Ahoy and avaast ye, maytees!!!!!!!!!!.......I figure it be a reasonable time to post this, as soon I'll be done fastenin' planks, and able to concentrate on putting up the cyber connection to this organisation. 'PRIVATEER!......Inc.' is now a fledgling, legal non-profit organisation with a living history theme of sail training and reenactment of maritime events, mostly involving, but not limited to the Tallship Royaliste. At this point this is primarily a thrust to begin her restoration and maintainance in order to campaign the vessel late this year and for sure the 2005 season.....Any and all interest in our formation and pursuits, be it by participation, donation, or general popular support is appreciated and welcomed...More news to follow, I'm still checking for inroads of water in the bilges after the recent haulout, funded and made possible by her owner, the crew, Tales of the Seven Seas, Cap'n Vernon Fairhead, and many local Bay Area supporters....If you really care to support 'piracy', then PRIVATEER!.....is for you...... :ph34r:

sepiaroyaliste.jpg

Aye!!.......And if thar be any 'o the brethren highly skilled in the art 'o web building and maintaining wot 'as an interest in this sort 'o idealistic rumcake, please give us a shout...........Hard to sail down the roadstead nowadays with out the stuff, eh???? :ph34r:

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

Captain Gary, I knows a bit about non-profits as I did all the paperwork to start one before me backer backed out. So if ye need a board member or other member that don't have t'be in the physical location, then please consider me "volunteered".

I ain't got no $$ t'donate but I do have me computer and some free time. I also knows how t'look fer grants and I be willin' t'try me hand at writin' fer one.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Thank ye, Cap'n!...We are open to interested parties regardless of location. as the future of the vessel is in campaigning her 'round the seas, not just here, and non-profits do need a bit 'o idealism to help ease the pain 'o commitment :P I'll keep ye posted in the next few weeks as we become more organised and 'contactable'........

Well Captain Gary, I'm sure the Maritime Museum here in San Diego would be happy t'berth ye fer a spell.

I been out of work so long I've been volunteering for lots of things just to keep my professional skills up. I have a home office (fax/printer/copier, multiple computers, phone line) and a cable modem internet connection so I can do just about anything from home. :o

hook_banner2.jpg

I had an idea of headin' down that way this fall originally, be me sawbones has 'adjusted' that schedule,so...probably won't be this fall, as it'd be a mite hard for me to handle the ole girl offshore 'till the shoulder's right again. The folks at the S.D. Maritime Museum were very cordial last year,but.....that said, the staff that was crewing the Californian up here last year were shall we say 'publically snobbish'??...Might 'ave been the weather, eh?......Idealistically, we'd still like to try and put the Royaliste on the Great Lakes and East Coast next year, followed by a voyage down the ICW with stops were available, spreadin' a bit 'o piracy on the way down to next year's Florida pirate fests enroute back to the West Coast....Total cost???..Jeesh!..A lot 'o dubloons.............If it were a purrrrfect world, we'd locate enuff corporate sponsorship to be able to staff this .org with a few salaried folks with a twinkle 'o piracy in their 'ayes'!

Well I always be up fer raidin' them corporate types! That's what piracy be all about - spreadin' the wealth, so-to-speak. :o

Yer health is what comes first, mate. And San Diego ain't goin' nowheres; maybe I kin "convince" them mates on the Californian t'be more hospitible t'ye.

But a trip t'the east coast sounds like a grand adventure. If I weren't tied down with me cabin boys, I'd join ye in a heartbeat.

Will ye be comin' t'the Ojai Faire? T'would be grand t'see ye face-to-face. :o

hook_banner2.jpg

Congratulations Captain Gary,

I hear Pusser's Rum be looking to do more "corporate sponsorship", especially with sailing involved. You might knock on their door. I be looking to forward yer information as you become more "contactable" to send on to me corporate pirates.

~BHP

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

As far as things set, we are 'open for business' as far as sail training goes, minus my expired A.S.T.A. membership. Pretty much a small group kind of thingare working on her in the early parts of the week for the next few weeks until I'm satisfied with the planking before the rainy season.

Well, good to hear you RRen't in computer hell anymore!...Anyway, DP, I'm up to me arse in plankin' woes this first part 'o the week at least, so...I'll touch base later on the site. Kathy, who built my Royaliste site, is waiting on the DSL hookup at her spot in Larkspur. Once up, she's going to buyild the new site, but I'll for sure need help running it and maintaining it.

IMG_0883.JPG