Royaliste haul-out updates

Ahoy pirates!!

I just got off the phone with Captain Gary and here is the latest news on the Royaliste, from the ship yard where she is out of the water and undergoing repairs.

Saturday August 21st:

The Royaliste left Pelican Harbor. The crew enjoyed a fine day of sailing in the company of Vernon Fairhead, Royaliste's former owner and captain, who came down from Canada to assist with the repairs.

Sunday August 22nd:

The yardarms were removed and the ship was prepared to be lifted out of the water.

Monday August 23rd:

I just spoke on the phone with Captain Gary. The Royaliste is out of water and he tells me that she is quite a sight to see, all 30 tons of her balanced on those flimsy-looking little aluminum stands!!! He says everyone there has been coming by for a look! He assures me that he's taking lots of photos and will upload them at the first opportunity.

Good news to report on the state of Royaliste's hull!! The captain says that the work to be done is mostly caulking and very little repairing, which is excellent news. He says there is some rot to deal with but no structural damage, despite some of our rather hair-raising adventures in the last year and a half.

They made a lot of progress today and spent most of the day reefing (removing the old caulking from between the boards of the ship's hull)

Gary says that if anyone is available to help during the week, they could really use all available hands.

More updates to follow!! :(

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I'd love to help, but unfortunately I'm not really in a position to. The best I can do is wish Capt. Gary all ye helpers luck. Hope she's back in the water where she belongs soon.

Coastie :huh:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Ahoy Quill,

Sorry, haven't been around the pub recently. Been very busy this last week keeping the world safe for trade show exhibits and those who, er . . . inhabit them. Had a couple of all-nighters as well with a large model-building project, also exhibit related. So have been somewhat catatonic as well. :lol:

But the good news is; I'm FREEEEEEE, I'm FREEEEEEE!

OK, at least for a little while. And would love to help with the haulout if'n Gary be needin' a hand. So feel free to pick a day during the week that ye be needin' a hand and I'll show up accordingly to be ships slave or whatever. Wednesday is the only time that I have a meeting scheduled (in the AM), so I wouldn't be available until the afternoon on Wednesday.

So lemme know, matey, eh?

IJ

:lol:

Iron Jack: Scourge 'o the Shores!

Some mornings, it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

- Emo Phillips

Damfino!

Buccaneers Ball Info

• 2 months later...