Atlantis

Master Sully

I was hoping that our fair maidens of the sea could help quench my curiosity.

The once great city of Atlantis has slipped beneath the waves, where mortals cannot gaze upon it's majestic architecture. Is she still beautiful lying quitely on the ocean floor, or does it sadden one's heart to see her empty streets.

On many nights at sea I have looked to the horizon and invisioned a brightly lit city, with torches blazing and laughter floating on the warm breezes.

But many years ago, Great Neptune punished the citizens of Atlantis, and took her away. Now only the creatures of the sea can inhabit this once magical city.

Many mariners have told wondorous stories about fair Atlantis, but only a voice from the sea can truely tell of her fate.

So what say you sirens of the deep, let us look at Atlantis through your eyes.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

It be a magical place indeed. The palace itself has long since been covered with colored coral. Shades of pinks and golds..reds and blues. Jelly fish illuminate the darkness with ever changing color. The sea is quieter here..reverent. Many merfolk live here. All diffrent and as unique as humans. The city itself is large and Poseidon keeps a charriot made from the largest oyster..the seat a glorious pearl on a bed of vibrant sea grasses laid into the bottom of the shell. A perfectly matched team of four sea horses pull the chariot. Poseidon himself is rather intimidating. He is huge at over eight feet from crown tip to fin tip. His beard as white as frothy caps. Long and silky. But it is his eyes that are spellbinding. Set deep in his face and as black as an abyss...Powerful and commanding. Mesmerizing with sheer intensity. His fins are blood red. His trident ten foot in length. The intricate fork designed by a master such as the world will never see.

And all who dwell in his kingdom have his protection. Even his daughters that walk as humans for brief periods upon the land.

Atlantis is hidden and will remain hidden until the time is right for it's glorious return to power.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Should not surprise Master Studley that my elder, could describe Father so well (she was always favorite). The city its self is as she discribed over grown, with coral and other sea plant life. The archiecture is a mixture of Greek and Roman influince. Many of the grand and massive tourches are still where they were when the city fell. They have however long since lost their gold luster.

The tallest structure in the city is the bell tower, Father once told me the reason for it's grand scale was to help warn ships that were out to sea of approaching storms. "Alot of good it did them!" came his reply as his eye's narrowed. I might interest you to know that the bell tower is still in use. We however use it for curfew, yes it is true Master Studley. Although Merfolk have i habbited Atlantis for thousands of years it is still a grave sight, and we show respect by not travling the narow brick layed streets after midnight. "We will show respect in the homes of these Atlantians the respect they never thought to show us!"

I often go to the library, it was once the second largest library's in the world. (Alexandria being the first). It was there I discovered their fasination with philospy and science. "That," Father says is what lead to their down fall!"

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

My mother is a speaker, she has studied Atlantis in depth and given many lectures on it. I enjoy hearing the tales to this day. I would like to see the beautiful healing crystals that were found throughout the island. Atlantis is as a beautiful dream, that I hope never ends.

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

Kendra I am not Fathers Favorite..*throws a squid-k-bob at her* You know you are being the baby and all. But all your sea sisters love you. How could we not? However Sheila you are right. As Long as Atlantis lives in our hearts and those who still search for it..It will never be forgotten..And Father says it will be restored to power...someday..And Kendra the only reason I can describe Father so well is cause Im always the one in trouble. I read too much romance, i disappear to play with the dolphins are to explore. Or to visit the surface to frolic in the stormy seas...Aye I am always in trouble..I think I should corrupt you a wee bit.. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png