The Admiral Benbow Inn to be no more

maudelynn

Fellow Sea Dwellers,

it is with a most heavy heart I must announce that the BenBow Inn resteraunt & tavern on Admiral St in West Seattle has officially been sold and will not be reopened to it's former glory. This wonderful place was a favorurite dive of mine. The interior was done up just as a ship and most of the regulars looked more like pirates than I think they realized. It was truly one of the most unique little pub and grubs I have ever had the pleasure of sticking to a booth in. I am most deeply saddened at all my fellow pirate lovers and all the pirates out there who will never experience it.

It has been sold and is being gutted to make way for a new Pan Asian type eatery.. whatever Pan Asian is.....

Glum in my rum

I'm sad to hear that the BenBow Inn is no more. I never got a chance to visit it, but many of my Seattle friends had told many stories about it. :(

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Aye De Benbow Inn was a favorite o mine. Me had many a drink an de crewedat ran it were top notch. Tis a sad day when a landmark such as dtbe turned into a yuppie eatery. At least de TnT next door still be open fer business.

Animal

:lol:

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

The Admiral Benbow as we all knew it actually closed two or more years ago, after the owner died. It was in her will that it be closed immediately upon her death and a grand wake was held that night. Many of the items were sold to customers. The new place that opened in its place earlier this year was a different operation - may have had the same decor, but it just wasn't the Benbow anymore.

Eventually, that whole block will be raised to make way for condos. All the properties has a two year lease extension, including our hangout of 20 years, the TNT Tavern next door to it. Ah, the sad, sad outfall of progress...

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ahh, then the pan asian resteraunt I have heard tale of must be going to bein the condo block. I knew the owner had died but always thought there was hope that it would stay the same :{ Seems to be a pattern in these parts of putting up ugly condos! I live in a 1907 house in West Seattle and we own the 1/4 acre next to us. We have had several development projects try to buy us out and I refuse.

Hurricane,

You must live in these parts, perhaps we should try for a tankard on Alki at some time

respect,

I lived in the PNW all my life until recently when I high tailed it down Florida way for sun and fun. I believe the TNT (which is next door) has a two year lease remaining on their space, with options. It seems that the guy who built the condos and Bartells on the backside had a little money trouble, hence the extension on the lease. But money talks so who knows. I spent a lot of time in the Benbow and TNT - will miss them both when I visit there in the future...

--

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com