Piritical Parody

Capt Grey

It's not exactly about pirates per se, but it does include many of our sea-faring phrases.

The mid-1980s BBC series "Blackadder" starring Rowen Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has a wonderful episode about explorers, specifically Sir Walter Raleigh. In the episode called "Potato", Edmund Blackadder proposes to sail around the Cape of Good Hope in a ship manned bye Redbeard Rum, a leg-less captain with no sense of direction.

I heartily recommend it, me hearties! :angry:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

It's not exactly about pirates per se, but it does include many of our sea-faring phrases.

The mid-1980s BBC series "Blackadder" starring Rowen Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has a wonderful episode about explorers, specifically Sir Walter Raleigh. In the episode called "Potato", Edmund Blackadder proposes to sail around the Cape of Good Hope in a ship manned bye Redbeard Rum, a leg-less captain with no sense of direction.

I heartily recommend it, me hearties! :P

Played by Tom Baker of Doctor Who fame! A riot! :P

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Are you kidding me?! I didn't realize that!

Another reason to love Tom Baker (I'm a Dr. Who fan as well!). :P

I'm trying to think of other parodies to include in this topic. I know that the "Pirate Movie" of the 1980s probably fits since it is a parody of The Pirates of Penzance.

I wonder of The Pirates of Penzance would be considered a parody of pirates? :P

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.