Pirates invade a gay bar for Bingo in Dallas

moricktowain

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I'm going to post about this because my crew does this on a weekly basis.

My crew is directed towards those in alternative lifestyles, and about 3/4 of them are gay. One of them told me about a free bingo night at a local bar in Dallas. Unfortunately, after a few weeks going to that, the crew member who told me about it (and was the only one that went out of my crew besides myself) had to move. But, since it was free and had real prizes(and people who weren't gay went there too. There's a nice contengent of heterosexual people that go to their free bingo.), I continued to go with the crew's historian(who's also my roommate)Eventually, I set it as a weekly event for my crew to attend bingo there, and we go in garb every other week. About 4 weeks ago, we had our highest turnout of my crew, 3 garbed crew members.

They do award real prizes for the winners of each game, and they are normally pretty good prizes. I've won a DVD player, gift certificate to Black Eyed Pea, and some nice fish shaped candle holders.

So, if anyone is in Dallas and would like to join us for bingo (no involvement in the crew is necessary) we'd love to have you come out. It's at a bar called the "Throckmorton Mining Company" at Cedar Springs and Throckmorton, every Tuesday night at 10pm till about 12:30. They do have a one drink minimum. If you want to go when my crew, which hasn't shown up to Bingo since the night we had three of us in garb, are going to be in garb, feel free to contact me and I can look at our calendar and let you know.

It is a lot of fun, and everyone tends to have a good time, whether they be gay, straight, bi, or trans.

Morick Towain

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas