Lego Pirate-battles

Kon-Tiki

• 4 weeks later...

Hummmm...... that looks like it could be fun........

the Steve Jackson rules look a bit complex for playing with legos, but it still looks like fun..... ( I just hadda bookmark the page.... read them all later...)

just think of it...... a gaming convention..... a bunch of legos and pirates..... could get outta hand real quick.............

At the risk of revealing any secret dorkitude that has hithertofore remained hidden, I think Steve Jackson is THE MAN.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

After reading through all the rules

< Evil Stevie's Pirate Game,>

http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html

They definately do sound like fun..... only problem is...... I don't have any lego pirates........ or lego pirate ships.... and after looking on E Bay..... I don't think I will.......

But I got thinking... I could make my own ships and pirates.... then play....

aaaargh.........

Actuly .... I was thinking about making some figures, and molds outta "Sculpy"...... (plastic based clay that you can "fire" in your oven)

The rules look playable.... and in such a "large" scale, they would be very atractive.....

Think about it.... a buncha people dressed like pyrates.... a buncha toy ships and figures...... playing a game..... everyone having fun, and someone comes up and asks "what ya doing"...... great way to recrute more crew.........

as a footnote.... somewhere around here I have the rules for "Panzer Pranks".... more of a spoof on wargame rules...... but one of the funny bits, was about how the best age to wargame was about 11 years old..... you were old enough to understand the rules and play... but still young enough to make funny noises .... BooooM.... bang.... bang....... " If simulating war is enjoyable, then all aspects should be done" (or something like that)

Steve Jacksons rules fit into this idea rather well......... Hey if it ain't fun why do it.....?

but...but there legos! i mean a bunch of colored blocks that you stack ontop of each other you dont need rules!

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

OK yah... they are legos.... but there are rules for wargames using the legos ...

The Steve Jackson rules (Evil Steve) were for a large scale naval (PIRATE) game.

By using lego pirates and ships, the game is more visual...... and silly. lighthearted and fun......

If you just want to play with your legos, no problem..... but if you want to play a wargame with them..... hey that isn't a problem either...........

At the risk of revealing any secret dorkitude that has hithertofore remained hidden, I think Steve Jackson is THE MAN.

Agreed. I think. I guess it depends on your definition of THE MAn. Do you mean The Man, or Da Man?

:blink:

yes but see these are acctually fun with rulles cause just running around with one making sound effects (okay so thats what i do with my legos!) is silly

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Da Man , of course.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I have a 3-inch long brass cannon, which is just a tad larger than a lego cannon...

I may be evil, but I put a Lego Brit in front of the muzzle and let fire :o

It was spectacular... :o:o:o

Here's a pic of the test-firing of this tiny little cannon. it has a 1/4 inch bore, and fires just a pinch of powder, but she makes a beautiful flash and smoke for her size.

CannonFireGif.GIF

Sorry for the darkness of the pic, but I wanted to do it at night since darkness makes for a more impressive flash

:o:o:o:o:o

:lol:

Here's the "Lego" incident :lol:

LegoPirateCannon.GIF

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

I half expected the little cannon to blow apart on the first firing, but I figured out a good measure for it... as long as I only fire blank charges... the lego thing was for coolies... I'm getting another of these little cannons, thinking of mounting them to my lego ship and figuring out how to rig a remote detonation.

But I got a kick out of blowing up the lego dude... hehe :ph34r:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

The wierd part.... I still like the game rules...... Hey pyrate battles.... change a part of it,,, it still works.......

OK what I want to do..... lego's are to expensive.... so make molds to form your own pyrates... make your own ships... but danm... the rules are good.....

..... the lego's battle rules are the best I have seen yet.....

. maybe start a new topic..... there is one about about a crumby "sorta card " game...... awh heck.......Steve Jacksons rules ... dang they are good.....

And heck... they are free.........

I have a 3-inch long brass cannon, which is just a tad larger than a lego cannon...

I may be evil, but I put a Lego Brit in front of the muzzle and let fire :D

It was spectacular... :D:D:D

Wow, truly a thing of beauty.

For those interested, and in that particular neck of the woods, Evil Stevie is running the Pirate Game this Saturday at a con in Austin.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 months later...

I may be evil, but I put a Lego Brit in front of the muzzle and let fire :unsure:

It was spectacular... ;););)

Mwahahhaa, though I think I should probally stay away from anything I can light on fire. I have some pyro issues. ;)

• 4 months later...

Dang... I didn't realize that it had been that long sence I posted anything about this.... (hadda go all the way to "Look up all post sence the begining"....)

Still working on modifying these rules....... and they are cool.... 1. they are good rules.... 2. they are free.... I'm modifying them for other than legos...... but this is the base for my "Pyrate Wars" game that I wanna run at Ojai next Sept..............

And even If you don't care....... I wanted this somewhere where I could find it again...... (but outta fairness.... if you like wargame rules..... I will make it worth you effort.... or something like that............)

but...but there legos! i mean a bunch of colored blocks that you stack ontop of each other you dont need rules!

Well if you don't want to use Lego's, try Lincoln Logs. ;);)

Rumba Rue

**My job is to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable**

Lincoln Logs??? Dang, RumbaRue, thats a flashback to me past. Seein all them logs thrown about the house that me kid left around. Then stepin on one in the middle o the night when gettin up ta natures call. Hurt meself in the foot good once I did. Turned out like a small mine field. Them things is dangerous..... :huh: Although the dog loved em.

Shoots anything that moves!!