Iron Bess..a question for ye

Sounds like certain top officials at Disney need to be taken out for a bath, because it sounds pretty dirty to me. Palms being greased and deals being made behind closed doors. But then again, in what corporation doesn't that happen anymore.

Hmmmmmmmm... no.

I think that they have so much money that they have lost track of what is *real* in the world. The powers that be here have NO IDEA how reg people live or what they really what.

They pay outsiders to tell them. (shrug) :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

That makes sense. Management in any corporation stays in their office, looking at numbers, making phone calls, and going to meetings. Middle management talks to the bottom rung on the ladder. Things get lost along the way. People see what they want to see.

But seems that if I owned a company, had a CEO that the stockholders wanted out, I would want to know why, and then do what needs to be done. *shrugs* Then again, I've never made it to the upper crust of management. Always been one of those middle people. Can't seem to keep my mouth shut. Gee, what surprise... :ph34r:

That makes sense. Management in any corporation stays in their office, looking at numbers, making phone calls, and going to meetings. Middle management talks to the bottom rung on the ladder. Things get lost along the way. People see what they want to see.

But seems that if I owned a company, had a CEO that the stockholders wanted out, I would want to know why, and then do what needs to be done. *shrugs* Then again, I've never made it to the upper crust of management. Always been one of those middle people. Can't seem to keep my mouth shut. Gee, what surprise... :ph34r:

All true...

If they had stuck with Walts original idea of keeping it int he family, meaning to promote from within, the dept heads would have a history here and KNOW what the hell was going on! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well, it looks like I set off a hailstorm of Disney hate with me original post! :ph34r:

All Disney bashing aside, what POTC related items would you like to see?

I would like a replica of the Black Pearl, not a cheap plastic one...perhaps one with "real" sails. Perhaps a T-shirt that some bildge rat didn't make in his parents basement with his HP Deskjet Printer :)

Iron Bess, It's great to have somebody around who's "in the know" :ph34r:

M. Bloodheart

Perhaps a T-shirt that some bildge rat didn't make in his parents basement with his HP Deskjet Printer :)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I don't know why, but I busted out laughing when I read that!!

I almost bought one of those shirts, but changed me mind when I saw the complaints on the users feedback page. :ph34r:

Besides, I 'd rather have official stuff like Captain Morgana! :)

davyjones.gif

Well, it looks like I set off a hailstorm of Disney hate with me original post!  ;)

Not necessarily Disney bashing. Just trying to understand the logic behind it all. One thing you can count on when it comes to Disney movies, generally, you know they are going to be a good children's movie. And I just hope that can be passed on to further generations.

Remember when you were young? I'm going to be giving my age away here. Remember the Bugs Bunny cartoons? The ones with the "theres way too much violence in them, so we have to censor them now" ones? Yet, the Teenage Mutant Turtles and the Power Rangers hold just as much violence. Remember "Schoolhouse Rock"? And this one really goes way back, remember all the Sid and Marty Kroft shows? Yea, a bit corney, but original. I remember waking up on Saturday mornings running to the TV to see Saturday cartoons. Disney was on Sunday night. And if it wasn't Saturday, there were two hours of Sesame Street, Captain Kangaroo, Zoom and Mr. Rogers to look forward to. All this before cable existed. Kida gives you warm and fuzzy feelings.

Now, just turn on Nick, The Cartoon Network, and Disney and you'll find at least one if not all have cartoons on. Some totally mindless. Others, turning into family favorites, like Spongebob. Is it too much as a parent to want my children to have those same warm and fuzzy feelings when they have their own children?

BTW, Disney cancelled one show that was just, to me, so cool about 10 years ago. Alice in Wonderland. Loved the costumes, thought the Mad Hatter was a hoot. But alas, it is no longer more.

Perhaps a T-shirt that some bildge rat didn't make in his parents basement with his HP Deskjet Printer  :)

;)B)B)

I don't know why, but I busted out laughing when I read that!!

I almost bought one of those shirts, but changed me mind when I saw the complaints on the users feedback page. ;)

Besides, I 'd rather have official stuff like Captain Morgana! :)

I'd like to get my hands on one of the "Livin the Ride" POTC production crew shirts.

Well, it looks like I set off a hailstorm of Disney hate with me original post!  :rolleyes:

Remember when you were young? I'm going to be giving my age away here. Remember the Bugs Bunny cartoons? The ones with the "theres way too much violence in them, so we have to censor them now" ones? Yet, the Teenage Mutant Turtles and the Power Rangers hold just as much violence. Remember "Schoolhouse Rock"? And this one really goes way back, remember all the Sid and Marty Kroft shows? Yea, a bit corney, but original. I remember waking up on Saturday mornings running to the TV to see Saturday cartoons. Disney was on Sunday night. And if it wasn't Saturday, there were two hours of Sesame Street, Captain Kangaroo, Zoom and Mr. Rogers to look forward to. All this before cable existed. Kida gives you warm and fuzzy feelings.

Aye Silver Steele,

I do remember these shows! Perhaps I be gettin' old, but I don't remember the level of violence that today's cartoon seem to have!

Aside from all the violence, the animation is no where near the quality that they once had! The only way I can discribe it is "flat"

I was never too much into Disney cartoons, but I still am a fan of the classic Warner Bros cartoons! They were smart AND funny, even by today's standards and the animation and craft was spectacular! I don't think current cartoons can hold a candle to the old ones.

;)

This conversation reminded me of someting I havent thought of in a long while! Me pappy bought us that PONG game when I was a wee lass in the 70's! We were all dazzled by the technology!!

Ah Steele, ye be bringin' up some o'me favorites when I were a child.

Especially ZOOM and wonderful show called "The Electric Company" that taught reading and grammer. Actually, me oldest cabin boy watches the new ZOOM and I be reminiscin' to him about the "old days" before e-mail and the internet.

Being a fan of animation I have to admit that some of the new shows are AWESOME. I love Samurai Jack on Cartoon Network and Jimmy Neutron on Nickelodeon. Since their creators are "my age", there are several references that just crack me up but my kids don't get.

Disney hit a snag in the 1970s with Walt's son-in-law, Ron Miller, at the helm. By hiring Frank Wells and Michael Eisner in the 1980s, the studio saw a rebirth in classic animation beginning with "The Little Mermaid". Unfortunately Frank Wells died in an accident in 1993 or 1994 (Bess will probably remember) and things have been going downhill from there.

Eisner was taking all the credit for the hits, but with Wells gone we all found out who the real brains and heart of the operation were. :rolleyes:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Disney hit a snag in the 1970s with Walt's son-in-law, Ron Miller, at the helm. By hiring Frank Wells and Michael Eisner in the 1980s, the studio saw a rebirth in classic animation beginning with "The Little Mermaid". Unfortunately Frank Wells died in an accident in 1993 or 1994 (Bess will probably remember) and things have been going downhill from there.

Eisner was taking all the credit for the hits, but with Wells gone we all found out who the real brains and heart of the operation were. ;)

Actually... I real talent behind all those hits was Jeffrey Katzenberg.

Frabk was the go between... he was able to keep the peace between Jeffrey and Michael. When he died there was no buffer anymore and in time it all imploded.

Jeffrey LOVED everything Disney! He was crushed when he found out how Michael really felt.

No, all credit goes to Jeffrey for the re birth of our animation. Michael just killed it again is all. :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Thankee, lass. I knew I were missing a few pieces.

That's right, because Katzenberg was really pissed off that Eisner wouldn't promote him to Wells's position, or that Eisner didn't take Wells's postion and give Katzenberg his spot (memory be a bit fuzzy here - too much rum). So he left and started Dreamworks with Speilberg and Geffen (?). He is the "K" in SKG. :rolleyes:

hook_banner2.jpg

So he left and started Dreamworks with Speilberg and Geffen (?). He is the "K" in SKG. :unsure:

Jeffrey tried to take our dept with him to Dreamworks.

There is no other Studio system that has an office to do for the Talent and Production deals what we do here.

He wanted us to go... but I couldn't give up the years I already had in my retirement.

Been with the company since 1970. B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ah Steele, ye be bringin' up some o'me favorites when I were a child.

Especially ZOOM and wonderful show called "The Electric Company" that taught reading and grammer. Actually, me oldest cabin boy watches the new ZOOM and I be reminiscin' to him about the "old days" before e-mail and the internet.

I had totally forgotten about "The Electric Company". *sigh* Oh to only be that young again. My kids are a little young for Zoom, but occassionally I just keep it on PBS to keep them occupied when I'm trying to get things done around here. I like how they have snips of the classic Zoom. Saw one the other day, with the arms thing where you put your elbows together and do a "fan" motion. I gotta be honest, I tried it to see if I could still do it.... :lol::lol::lol:

I'd like to see Vampire Hunter D and Aeon Flux again.

Those of you who know of the classic Zoom will know what I'm talking about with the arms thing.

,Those of you who know of the classic Zoom will know what I'm talking about with the arms thing.

:wub:;);););)

I used to drive me older brothers to the brink of madness with the "Arms Thing" says I. Almost walked me off the plank they did.

Yes, I can still do it. ;)

So kin I.

Me oldest cabin boy thought he were showin' me somthin' "new" when he demonstrated it fer me. I loved his shocked look when I said: "Oh you mean this?" :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Hi all

seems to me Jack Sparrow himself would do a better job of running Disney than the current Eisner.

PoTC is still popular, I run a PoTC costuming list ( well it really runs itself) and there are nearly 500 members and we get on average about 150 posts a month.

Who was it that decided to auction off the props on Ebay? The REAL ones I mean.

Nothing sadder than a stupid stubborn pirate

Kinda of off-topic here, but since both Alien and Predator were both sold to another production house (hence AVP).....maybe we can hope that someone (SKG, Bruckheimer) might buy Disney's live action productions since Mikey wants to stop making live action movies?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.