New pirate game: Galleon

I subscribe to a monthy gaming magazine, and this month it gave me the head-up about a new pirate-themed game coming out called Galleon: Islands of Mystery. It focuses on a young pirate named Rhama Sabrier, and his quest to recover a magical herb. The writers promise that the game has interesting combat play to give the game a new kind of edge, especially for a pirate-themed game.

Reviews say that the game's best aspect are the story and characters. The story isn't anything new, but the character interactions are entertaining and well written with good voice acting (something not found often in games, I'll tell you that!). they also say a bit about the tricky gameplay.

The game is apparently already out and featured on Xbox and PC.

I've played a lot of games and to me, it sounds like a good game (it has a 7 out of 10) that when it fixes its problems, can produce a much better sequel. If anyone with an Xbox cares to rent it, tell us how it turns out!

Captain Wolfy Wench