Faire for sale on Ebay

Sheila

Aye this one doth blow me out o' the water!!

Most o'ye have been reppin about goin to the NY Ren Faire, which is down state, and I am sure a bit bigger than this one.

I can vouch for the Sterling Ren Faire. M'lady and I have both been to it and it is a pleasure to experience. Any of you who do venture into New York State to find a Ren Faire ought to try out this one some summer.

Sterling is located up on Lake Ontario a bit north of Syracuse along route 481. The Faire bases itself in the year 1585 in the village of Warwick, not far from London. In fact just a few weeks ago, the Faire was highlighted in a PBS special called Old Renaissance, New Renaissance that discussed the Renaissance itself, and also the modern day celebration of it in Faires across the country. It showed you around the Sterling Festival as an example as to how Ren Faires are.

The one thing that I must feel sorry about in regard to the Sterling Faire right now is that to me knowledge, there is nothing much ado about Pyrates.

When m'lady and I last paid our respects a few years ago, they had 1 Pyrate by the name o' Ebenezer Crumbee (Patrick Johnson) who performed a hilarious show called Tales O' The Sea where he would tell a sea story and get the audience to help him "recall" what happened next. The improv of it all reminds me of Who's Line Is It Anyway.

I found me a ticket order form and program from this years Faire and sadly did not see ol Crumbee and "Tales" as part of it all these days.

Nor did they have any special Pyrate weekends like other Faires have been reportin.

I wish luck to the lad/lass who doth buy it. I see it hath 2 bids already and hopes that maybe the new owner will get a new situation fer pyrates to partake of in the Faire.

:D

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

The Sterling Faire has been on the block for a long while now... if they have resorted to putting the thing on eBay they must get few and far between offers.

I'd not worry for now.

The worst that could happen is that finaly they just offer up the land for sale and the faire fades away with the high costs.

:rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ebay bidding ended Sunday and they had alot of bidders.

Unfortunately they were all under the amount bein asked.

Story is, they're ready to retire (havin runnin it since it started in 1977) but I guess they're not gonna let it just go till its bought outright.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>