A question for the pirate lasses

I was a wonderin' what these fine pirate lasses think of my future plunder? Would this be a proper coat & hairstyle to go plunderin' n pillaging n booty grabbin?

Aye..me thinks it would be proper and forthright for the scurvy land-lubbin' men to give thy opinion too..here they be

http://www.kristismart.com/product_info.ph.../products_id/43

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3494392184&rd=1

:ph34r:

Morgana Bloodheart

Ahoy! :ph34r:

I really like the look of that coat...and the hair is cool too.

Methinks I'd be wearin' a coat like that weather r not I was going to a pirate fair or not!!!

But this's just me humble opinion...

Deadly Drucilla

:ph34r:

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

Well, 'ere's me take on the coat. They are simple, and well made. I planned on one meself last year, after checkin' out Poison Quill's...But, that said, Kristi has sold a lot of that particular model now, so I myself am searchin' for somethin' a little less 'commonly seen' ........

• 2 weeks later...

I love the coat but agree that a lot of people have them now. I would go to the fabric store and look at the fine historical patterns out now and fine a seamstress or tailor who'd make you your own custom piece. You want something that is more uniquely yours than the coats she has now.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I have a one-of-a-kind Kristi Smart coat, in Emerald Green crushed velvet (The last of the material on the face o' the earth, she tells me.) I had been checking out the various coats, but when I put on the Emerald Green, I was hooked. The color sets off my reddish blonde hair nicely. Upon hearing the sighs in response from all the women in the room, and lovely patrons coming over from across the room to fondle the jacket, the hair, (and yours truly in the process) I knew I had made the right choice.

I needed to have it gratuitously altered for pyrating, as the sleeves are just too tight to wear with a poet's shirt. I also had the cuffs added, and trim on the lapel, in Black - as I said before, that was the last of the Green material. *snif* It does look sharp, however.

I do love the jacket, although I must say that velvet is probably not the best material for pyrating in Key West in July. (Oy!) It's okay in Seattle, the dreary land of Frosty Acres, but in the tropical climes, you might want to think of another material.

The jackets are also quite popular with the local "Goth" crowd in Seattle, bless their little knickers.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I thank ye for all the advice!! So what you are all telling me is that everybody seems to have and wear that coat I linked to. Humpphhhh.

I saw a royal blue crushed velvet one at www.Houseofanoria.com - be be havin' fine frocks says I. Would this be better??

Captians_Coat.jpg