Kid's pirate music?

Ahoy, Ace!

Here's me two cents if'n ye be carin', as to be honest, some of them pirate songs that are written specifically for kids might leave you feelin' sorta' like Barney the Dino in a Sparrow Suit, savvy?

(and we all know the REAL reason the dinos went extinct, eh? T'was, 'cause 'o Barney. Yup, . . . they all killed 'emselves!)

;)

OK, so I stole that one. P-I-R-A-T-E. :lol:

Here are me recommendations:

Billy Bones and Other Ditties - Skip Henderson & The Starboard Watch

Just booked these guys for the Buccaneers' Ball in October,

;) *Shameless Plug* ;)

So you know I'm a big fan. The CD is available from www.deadmentellnotales.com. One 'o the best damn pirate CD's out there! You get:

- The Rhyme of the Chivalrous Shark

- Billy Bones ('o course)

- The Derelict (Skip's version is the best I've ever heard 'o this one!)

- We're All Bound To Go

and a couple of really good instrumentals featuring Skip's Melodica (one in which a fight breaks out - hysterical!)

So there's the commercial for Skip. You can see 'em every Thurs. night at Quinn's if'n yer interested.

;) * Another Shameless Plug!! * ;)

Another one that is getting a bit hard to find, but is definitely worth seeking out is:

Illigitamae Non Carborundum - Sons of the Buccaneers

Actually some of the same people from Starboard Watch, but with a different instrumental feel. Notables:

- Overture: Jolly Rovin' Tar/The Ebeneezer (Got alot of mileage out 'o these last Sunday with a few mods here 'n there fer the little 'uns)

- Irish Rover (also got a lot of good response on Sun.)

- The Mermaid (based on the poem by Shel Silverstien)

and lots more classic sailor songs plus some new ones. Once again the emphasis in this CD is on humor and it is pretty dang funny in places.

There are a few more good ones that might be suitable from the Jolly Rogers and Bilge Pumps (although they tend to be raunchier) and I'll gladly slip ye me "Pirate Ditties" CD next time I see ye if'n yer lookin' fer a good samplin' of some of the better tunes out there, in me 'umble opinion.

Off to bed now (just finished up workin,' sheesh! An some coves use the night fer sleepin'!)

;)

Iron Jack: Scourge 'o the Shores!

Some mornings, it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

- Emo Phillips

Damfino!

Buccaneers Ball Info

Aye! That be the ticket!

Thankee Pirate Queen.

Makes me wish I'd learnt ta play an instrument asides the drums! :ph34r:

It's never too late to learn. I played the drums for years and then decided at 40 to take up the ... ukelele. :ph34r: That wouldn't exactly be a piratical type of instrument, but you get the picture.

A lot of sea chanteys sound great with a bodhran. I'm thinking of taking it up again myself.

RHJMap.jpg