POTC treasure found!!!!

BILLY BONES

As some of you may know, I'm a propman in the film industry. This week, I went to L.A. to gather some props for my current project. As I walked into a friend's prophouse, guess what I saw?

The sign reading PIRATES YE BE WARNED, with some skeletons hanging in gimlets, Boxes of treasure (coins, goblets, jewels, gold nuggets, etc.), the see-saw wagon that Jack and fought on, Jack's boat with the crow's nest that he rode in on, all the swords, 30 cannon, several row boats, the rigging from the Black Pearl, all the ship's flags, the leather drinking jacks, pewter mugs, bottles, barrels, lanterns, rubber swords, the statue from the blacksmith's shop,the Governor's curtains,in fact, almost everything used in the film!!!!

Being a pirate, I ended up with some of the treasure and a couple of mugs. I was there for three days, renting props, but also playing with all the cool stuff. I just got back, and thought I'd better spill my guts before I went to bed.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

By the way, as an encouraging note, the folks at POTC II are picking up the props next week, I believe.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

OMG! That is so cool! :( I have one of the cursed coins from the movie. My guyfriend got it from a friend who made them for the movie. I also held and tried on one of the rings Johnny wore. The one with the skull and the green stone. :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

You can take pictures, and I'll be forever damned that I didn't think of that, but I won't be going back until after October. By then, they'll be on POTC II, but maybe I'll make a special trip when they come back. Hope I didn't sound like I was gloating. I was, but I hope I didn't sound like it. It's funny, I'm a tough old fart, worked in this business for almost 30 years, worked with a lot of great actors, traveled the world on shows, and I never got star-struck or anything when I was working---it's just a job----but when I saw those 10 racks of props from floor to ceiling, I got kinda giddy! Guess it was just Pyrate overload---like seein' Flint's treasure for the first time.

Capt. William Bones

OHHH Christine I be so jealous..you got to try on the ring he wore...Aye id like pictures too..So I can see all the stuff..I dont think I would ever have left..Id have become a wee ghostie haunting the prophouse fer sure..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

No. I wasn't at Disney. They sold most of the props to this particular house,

Capt. William Bones

Oooo... lucky ol' sea dog you!

The rigging of the Black Pearl! Wow.. now THAT is a treasure for sure!

Fantastic... fantastic. :)

Good to know things are going well with PotC sequels.... I hope.

Still no sighting of the Barbossa/Dawg pistol?

:(

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

You can take pictures, and I'll be forever damned that I didn't think of that, but I won't be going back until after October. By then, they'll be on POTC II, but maybe I'll make a special trip when they come back. Hope I didn't sound like I was gloating. I was, but I hope I didn't sound like it.

okay..don't take this the wrong way, but I lurve you!! Take me with you..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

We (Port Royal Privateers) were lucky enough to have Louie Lambie grab a couple of really nice big black lanterns that were used on the barge (Black Pearl) set and a few other things that apparently were just being thrown out!

Disney didn't realize what a wonderful movie they had on their hands (until after it raked in the money) and just got rid of stuff. Now I'm sure they'd love to have a lot of stuff back. Oh well....

Rumba Rue

**Smile and Let Your Spirit Soar** :(

We (Port Royal Privateers) were lucky enough to have Louie Lambie grab a couple of really nice big black lanterns that were used on the barge (Black Pearl) set and a few other things that apparently were just being thrown out!

Disney didn't realize what a wonderful movie they had on their hands (until after it raked in the money) and just got rid of stuff. Now I'm sure they'd love to have a lot of stuff back. Oh well....

Rumba Rue

**Smile and Let Your Spirit Soar** :huh:

Aye indeed! Let's not even talk about how cool that cave was they built...and then tore down once filming ended. Geez! They're kicking themselves now! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Aye! Recreating/replicating the original props will be a task & a challenge & a half!

& HOPEFULLY.. this time.. they will spend a little more & build a REAL ship of the Black Pearl! Most unlikely, but one can hope, pray, wish, etc.... would be cool. :huh:

:huh:

Rumba Rue

**Smile and Let Your Spirit Soar** :huh:

I remember Louie saying that the Black Pearl was sold to some resort owner on the island the film was shot on. He wamted to make it into a tourist attraction (apprantly he had more foresight than Disney). Shortly after purchase he found out it didn't come with the barge that the ship needed to move about. To rent the barge was $3,000.00 a day!

Well the man decided to scartp the Black Pearl and this is were Louie fortuitously showed up. Mounds of block, tackle, belaying pins etc. strewn all over the place. Louie asked what they were going to do with all the stuff and the reply was throw it all out. So clever Louie asked if he may have some of it and the reply was yes. So Louie pack his sea chest full of stuff. He then asked how much for all the stuff and the reply was no charge! Yes mateys gratis! Now that's booty! :huh:

Louie kindly gave members of PRP pieces of his booty. I have a belaying pin that was sort of given to me by Louie. But that's another story :huh: I think he mentioned selling somethings on e-bay but I don't know if he ever did.

So now Disney is going to have to go to the expense of building another Black Pearl.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Aye... the Black Pearl herself is one of the greatest treasures. To have that much booty from the original ship... such is more than a treat!

Lucky Louie

:huh:

That would be so wonderful is Disney built a real Black Pearl! They could make alot of money if they made it into a tourist attraction after the movies are done filming

Speaking of left over props, over on Ebay they have several props for auction including blunderbuss', Black Pearl crew cutlasses and even a pistol used by one of Barbossa's crew. I'll have to post the links when I get the chance. :)

davyjones.gif