I suggest everyone reads this

Charity

Why is that harsh, Charity?

Members of the Screen Actors Guild work very hard to keep their membership, which acts as a union to protect their pay, cover them with group health/life insurance and represent them in contract disputes.

When productions have "open" casting calls, they are essentially thumbing their noses at the professionals who have worked very hard at their craft and are using legitimate methods to obtain work by having an agent to represent them.

Every pirate "wannabe" out there thinks he/she can get a role in the next two movies, which is patently unfair to the professionals who do this for a living. Casting outfits are going crazy with all the rumors, which is why they posted that article.

Like any popular movie, the rumors are rampant. Just because you read something on the internet, doesn't make it true. I'll wait to hear from our own Iron Bess before I believe anything. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Although that is an old bit of information it is, in effect, still true.

Ther script is not yet done.

No one not in the union will be hired.

All of the cast (including Jack's and Barbossa's crew are being asked back so they will not need new people for that.

If there is an open casting of any kind I will post it here for you.

:rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Why is that harsh, Charity?

Oh i didn't mean to say they're wrong, far from it!

I have been thinking all along, some kids were going on saying they spoke with people etc, and it seemed very unlikely to say the least.

I also posted on the Fandom, those people are trying to do their work, and if kids keep bothering them, and even be rude about it, then i can fully emagine they get ticked off.

It is harsh in the way they tell it.

Most people will go, "understandible" and brush it said, forget about it, but some people, esp. young ones, acting in good faith, they might have their feelings hurt.

I guess it's just a case of the good suffering under the actings of the bad, so to say.

hero.jpg

Disney not hire Union? LOL! Disney is the biggest Union around! LOL! :huh:

Ah perhaps we'll see more of Michael MacLeod's butt in the next one! (It's in inside PRP joke)

Rumba Rue

** :huh: **

Not Disney union wench! LOL! :huh:

I mean the film unions like SAG. THey won't hire anyone that isn't SAG and if they do it cost them a fortune in fines.

(You silly!) :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Wow, does this mean my mom, who has a SAG card, can be POTC 2 or 3? I'm kidding, of course. She got her SAG card for working on a film about the 1900 Storm of Galveston. (Hey you Texas Pirates!) Maybe I can use her card and get a job? I'm kidding, of course. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

:huh: Bummers....

Hmmm... ::Crosses fingers for something else or stroke of incredible luck to pass along:: VERY struggling actress wannabe here.

I suppose I need to get my butt in gear to see what I can do to get in, huh? I know it's not easy here... maybe out that direction. Getting an Agent around here is rather difficult as well. As those I've spoken to are local & do commercials for car dealerships & such. Not that I don't want to do that, I just don't want to ONLY do that. :ph34r:

But.. good to hear that, Bess. :huh:

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Good luck :)

I don't see one thing though, how could they not get new people?

I mean, maybe for extra's they would.

For excample, if they go to Asia, they're gonna need Asians, just to name one.

Pitty i aint Asian.. :ph34r:

hero.jpg