Bath, NC Tri-Centennial Celebration

Historic Bath is on the eastern coast of north carolina on the pamlico sound. (The closest towns would be Washington NC, or if your looking for a bigger city Greenville, NC) It was the first capital of north carolina i believe, but i might be wrong on that. It's a small town but rich in history. Blackbeard use to live there, so there is a great pirate connection. I use to live outside of Bath, but after 6 hurricanes in 5 years, i decided to move to key west. :lol:

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

:lol:

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

Right on-Dead Aim,

Bath, NC was the 1st capital of Colonial NC. Charles Eden was govenor from 1714-1722. Word spread that any pirate was safe in Bath as long as he shared his loot with Gov. Eden. After Blackbeard grounded the

Queen Anne's Revenge and stranded most of his crew at Beaufort, NC, he

took his Bermuda sloop, Adventure, to Bath in the summer of 1718. Gov. Eden gave him a King's

pardon, and the Adventure was offically listed under Teach's name by the Vice Admiralty Court in Bath for trading expeditions.

During this time, Teach married, again, the daughter of a wealthy

planter/merchant. It is rumored that Gov. Eden urged Teach to continue

in piracy. After the capture of a French ship whose cargo was sugar (know as the "Sugar Ship"), Virginia's Govenor Spottswood sent Lt. Maynard to deal w/ Teach. Research shows that Eden & Spottswood were rivals in the King's court and with merchant connections. Eden had the rich family connection that would often slide appreciation gifts to the King. Gov. Spottswood was out to make a name for himself. He did not like Colonial America and longed to return to England,

• 2 weeks later...