Yarr there be boasting to do!

I pressed him twice more, but not an answer would he give. His eyes spoke terror. His clothes cried hardship. His hands, stained in old blood, whispered something sinister.

He clutched a single piece of eight in one hand so tightly he was apt to drive it in. It gleamed under our close lanterns, but brought us no closer to any understanding of the tale untold.

The ship seemed sound and listed not at all. I sent the carpenter below then to make what report he could of her condition.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I watched the boy, but he would not return my gaze. In the dim light the ship's walls glowed a dull red and smelled of salt and battle. The carpenter came running back, hands flailing, face as white as the skull on our colors.

"Cap'n, cap'n," he sputtered.

"What is it? Spit it out, lad!" I

"There's a hole clear through the hull below," he managed

"A hole? Clear through?"

"Aye. The size of two cannonballs."

"This ship is sinking?"

"No, cap'n," he said with wonderment,"It's not. No water comes in but I can see clear into the sea below."

A pyrate's life for me.

"This ship is sinking?"

"No, cap'n," he said with wonderment,"It's not. No water comes in but I can see clear into the sea below."

-----------------------------------------

I hear'ed what the carpenter said, an the blood froze in me veins. A deep chill clutched me heart, an me 'lock found a firm grip around it, as I pulled it out of me baldric. Along with it, I found the ring me mother gave me, with the piture o the Trinity on it. It grew warm on me finger, to match the dull red o the walls. The chill were driven out fer a while, then found a place back in me veins.. Me ma never see'd her kid like this, despite fights an squalls, deaths an blood-lettin..

I looked back at the poor wee laddy. He were still there, fingers chewed down ta tha nail, salt in his hair an a rattle in his chest. The lad watched something walk on tha deck, his black eyes seein' where the spirit moved. Whatever it were, it scared the lad ta prayers, an maybe me too.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I checked me powder then, not sure what good it could or would be in a fight that promised unnatural enemies. Still, the checking of the powder could not be helped and a pistol always feels good in one's hand.

Everyone looked to me for instructions and I picked me words carefully. One wrong command or mislaid word could send them overboard.

"Bring up more light on the deck and give me a report on the rigging." I said calmly to me first mate.

His voice, steadied by me practiced calm returned a quick "Aye" and he went to work passing on orders as I went to the railing to collect me wits.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg