POTC plot holes... ***SPOILER WARNING***

JoshuaRed

The two things that had me scratched me head about the film is

1. Although Jack was past out from all the rum....how in the hell did Elizabeth get all those kegs out of the ground by herself? I assumed that a good part of the rum was still left in the kegs so the fire would be blazing. And I didn't see any planks to be used for rolling them above ground....no rope to pull...so how did she do it by herself?

2. Ok, cursed pirates...why did the clothing seem to suddenly have holes in them under the moon and whole in the dark? Even Jack he was only newly cursed so why did his clothing suddenly become full of holes in the moonlight? I know we needed to see the bones but it didn't explain why the their clothing was cursed too.

However, in the scene where Barbarssoa explains to Elizabeth she is on the ghost ship he also explains that the cursed gold was in a stone chest. Hence that is the only cursed gold.

I thought that considering that in the last scene that Jack was dressed in more gentlemanly clothing that somehow Elizabeth insisted on his getting some of the treasure that Jack took back to the ship.

All in all I loved the movie and am looking forward to the next. Been told it is already being filmed.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Pirates of the Caribbean, which takes place in the 1700's, Norrington notes the letter "P" branded on Jack Sparrows forearm and comments that Jack had "...a bit of a run-in with the East India Company."

Also they didn't brand the P on their arm. It was on their Forehead. Now we never did see him without his doo-rag.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Tis true about the brand but, ifin they showed the P on the forehead what reason would Norington to have be seein the tattoo which keyed him he had Jack Sparrow. Ahhh excusie...Captn Jack Sparrow.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Tis true about the brand but, ifin they showed the P on the forehead what reason would Norington to have be seein the tattoo which keyed him he had Jack Sparrow. Ahhh excusie...Captn Jack Sparrow.

That's the inacurracy. It's a "Because it's in the script" moment. Not that it doesn't work.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg