Pirates of the Barbary Coast Circus Show!!

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

The Windsurfing Nationals competition will be celebrating the final leg of the competition in piratical style of Friday, July 16th, 2004 and topping it off with a circus show hosted by the pirates of Tales of the Seven Seas!

The day begins with the tall ship Royaliste serving as the committee boat for the race and firing her guns to start the race!

Following the race, the racers and their families will be treated to dinner at the St. Francis Yacht Club. This (look closely and you'll see the mast of a sunken ship going through the roof of the building!) Guests will be met at the door by pirates and harrassed by our seafarers throughout the course of their meals! ("Steak? That be landlubber grub!! Order hardtack!!!")

The pirates will then commandeer the shuttle busses that take the guests to the site of the main event at Broadway Studios This is a charming old San Francisco venue that used to be a boxing ring back in the 20's. It is an old, Vaudeville style theater with tremendous personality.

The show will begin with a very stuffy and formal MC (Privateer Pete) introducing the first act- a violinist by the name of Mary Ellen Lipnicky. (that would be me!) Mary Ellen is a nerd-girl who looks a bit like Mary Catherine Gallagher from SNL. She begins to play the most horrible, squeaking, squawking version of Ode to Joy ever heard! The pirates in the audience will begin to boo, hiss and yell for her expulsion as Mary Ellen saws away...

Then whom should enter to save the show? None other than Captain Jack Sparrrrrrow (Ace of Harbor Bay) himself!!! He'll lead the pirates in commandeering the stage and bringing on the REAL show- the Pirates of the Barbary Coast Circus!

There will be a strongman, a rope dancer, contortionists and a magician, all introduced by Captain Jack, who weaves a bit of his own magic into the act!!

We are always happy to have new pirates join us for our events. This one promises to be a memorable night! Email me at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com for more information

-Claire aka "Poison Quill" Terror of the Barbary Coast!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy thar, shipmates!!!...This thing keeps on a changin' in scope, so.....Now the Royaliste will be out front of the St. Francis and Crissy Field for the Kite surfin' demonstrations, firin' cannons on the Cityfront!!......Since several 'o the crew be involved rather heavily in the long, fun-filled night ahead bein' 'Circus Pirates', I've went ahead and set us up at................. South Beach Harbor for the night!.. :huh::huh: ....Aaargh!!!...Pirates loose on the City again!! :huh:

:huh:

Jeesh!...We put on the Java, prop open the eyeballs, an' then 'ead back to me slip!!....Then ye be in Sausalito ahead 'o time!!..Just be needin' ta make sure all who stay realize that we'll be makin' seaway in the early morn...If'n thar was enuff interest, we could pitch an encampment tent o'er the main boom,permittin' the deck to be 'second floor' bunk space.......just a thought, otherwise, just the few 'o us kin make it to Pelican's End........... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well...might as well lite this one up again....'Twas a rather foggy, blustery start to the evening, as we sailed to the Central Bay, runnin' downwind, then upwind, tryin' to kill an hour or so due to a late start of the Windsurfing Nationals...Anyhoo, altho rather brutal, the crew hung in there, and as we made RR approach to Crissy Field, the guns were loaded...An' I mean ALL 'o 'em!!..A full broadside hadn't finished echoeing off the Marina District when a volly 'o four blunderbuss, and assorted small arms cut loose, rattlin' the windows 'o the St, Francis Yacht Club, one 'o RR 'intended' targets! :( The crew, rather jovial at this point from bein' saved the brutality 'o the weather in the 'Gate, hammed it up all along the waterfront, past the Jerimaih O'Brian, the Pompanito, Pier #(, Fisherman's Wharf, all the way past the Ferry Bldg., and into South Beach Harbor..After a rather quick dockin', the majority headed off to Broadway Studios in prep for the Circus, and I made the ship workwise 'afore the dark settled in...Ran a few snake lites down both gunn'ls, and got meself ready for the show....Then.........

'Bloody 'eck, they wuz still 'dressin' when I got there, or be that 'round two'??.....'Twas quite a lot 'o fun, eh???....I mean the show, you scurvey, filthy-minded pirates!!!!!!!.....The 'rope act' was tuff, but personally, methinks 'Capn' Jack was the best 'act'!!....And....you sneaky, conivin', schemin' pirates, you!!...I don' know wot to say about the birthday gift, other than 'Aaaargh!!!'................. :(