Piratey Comp Stuff

Sounds like a plan ! I know the copyright laws put a crimp in our plans, sometimes, but, I would be happy to see a Pyracy Pub Desktop....one fer tha lads..one fer the lassies..an' of course..a tall ship might make us all happy ..with a nice "Pyracy Pub" lettering....could be fun to vote on our favourite images..... We are, after all...a class act ! Aye ! :blink:

Phil... not to be insultin' ye or anything...

but the 3rd-party software that the theme is wrapped up in totally screwed with my system... took me 5 1/2 hours to fix...

other than that, the theme was great, once I got the theme file extracted from the crap that surrounded it...

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually use pictures o' the Royaliste. I also changed my XP "Welcome screen" to a piratey-theme, and the XP boot screen to "Windows XP: Blackbeard edition". I haven't gotten quite so far on the Linux side, just a Royaliste backdrop. If anyone's interested, I could make a pyracy.com background (after me week-long vacation, starting tonight!)

You save a pirate pic in my pictures, right click on the desktop, go to pictures, browse to the my pictures album and choose the pirate pic.

But, how does one change the boot screen?

I'd love to get something THERE, saying Welcome to the Black pearl or something cool LOL.

How did you do that?

hero.jpg

I don't know if you can still get it but NQG had in it's merchants list a listing for "Pirates! The CD-ROM". On it you'll find two desktop themes. One is the same one posted by PyratePhil, without all the bugs and hassle.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Uh oh desertpyrate is a geek! You use a program for the boot screen or do the old school reg hack mate? Also quite frankly being a pirate I don't care but swabin up after you install the theme is slightly illegal. Beyond that spybot/adaware should strip that gunk off faster mates.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET