Jackie Cooper

Dream Wench

I watched The 1934 Treasure Island with Jackie Cooper, and Wallace Beery. It was a restored version, and had no crackling noises like so many old films often do. Jackie Coopers mouth is hilarious ! I know it seems silly, but he was really a lot of fun to watch. They don't make them like that any more. He was so wholesome...Freddy Bartholomew used to really get on my nerves.......fingernails down a chalkboard..but Jackie Cooper was like a pair of warm sox on a cold night...

:huh: Dream Wench <---------a bit strange at times

Upon my word! :huh: I always found Cooper to be the most inept, sniveling version of Jim Hawkins...can't hold a candle to Christian Bale's. I can't stand the way Louis B. Mayer forced that version to be made so touchy feely, with the "happy ending" and lil' Jimbo cryin all the time....ugh!

I will say this - Wallace Beery was verrrry cool. I'd love to see the restored version...is it finally on DVD?

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Well..it was on video. Somehow, many old films were "cleaned up" and made to sparkle again, thanks to new technology. It was black and white. I don't really mind colorising, providing the black and white versions are always available. I remember seeing old films on TV way back, and they popped, and skipped....often eliminating vital dialogue.

I had fun watching Jackie Cooper....because It was almost like seeing a tiny fish about to be swallowed by sharks....didn't wish him any harm...naturally...have to remember..the era was a new dawn in Hollywood.....they didn't have computer graphics.....or synthetic fabrics for the most part, and if certain people had their way nowadays..Hawkins would be break dancing on deck...to rap music...now that would turn me off big time, seeing his humongous tennis shoes (in super slow-mo) spinning...going "Arrggg Baby...." but other people are more than welcomed to shell out a ten spot to see it.. :huh:

I'm watching an old movie i got on DVD, "Blackbeard the pirate".

I must say, it's completely obvious out Barbossa was either by the Disney people, or by Geoffrey Rush made to look like this man (Blackbeard), although he's a bit weird, and Barbossa, he's funny but not weird :huh:

The resemblences are amazing at some times.

hero.jpg