Disney's Treasure Island on DVD

Strolling through my favorite french merchant, Tar'get, I happened across it. There were only two left in me local store, but I'm sure more can be plundered at others. Just another treasure for those looking.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

That's where I got mine too! Shame it was so poorly put together, no extras, etc.

The sad truth be that anyone who could provide the extras...

.... is expired!!

:rolleyes:

Yo Ho

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye Bess melady, yer right on that accord. Good ol' Robert Newton...he drank more in real life than Long John could ever hope to in fiction! :rolleyes:

At first I thought Bobby Driscoll should still be alive...till I read this bit of sad tragedy:

Bobby Driscoll's life was a short and sad story. Charming as a child actor, he made his mark in films like "Song Of The South", and "Treasure Island." As he got older and acting offers became rare, he became involved with heavy drugs which ultimately ruined his health and reduced him to poverty. Years of drug abuse caused his heart to stop and he died alone in a vacant building in New York in 1968.
newbannersigtar0db.gif

Aye Bess melady, yer right on that accord. Good ol' Robert Newton...he drank more in real life than Long John could ever hope to in fiction! :ph34r:

At first I thought Bobby Driscoll should still be alive...till I read this bit of sad tragedy:

Bobby Driscoll's life was a short and sad story. Charming as a child actor, he made his mark in films like "Song Of The South", and "Treasure Island." As he got older and acting offers became rare, he became involved with heavy drugs which ultimately ruined his health and reduced him to poverty. Years of drug abuse caused his heart to stop and he died alone in a vacant building in New York in 1968.

Sadder still, according to our archives, the body was not even identifed as Driscoll for over a year.

Cause of death was a drug over dose.

A very unbefitting end for Peter Pan ,don't you think?? :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif