Why is it I see no talk of.....

arr ! Rrrrrussell ! Yes..he is a bit bland....I loved the film....so sad about certain characters...in it...great costumes...good rolling seas...a pecking order.....tensions.....dried crackers.....beady eyes dartin' about...tests o manhood.....mother sea with open arms... :lol:

Hmm... lets see.. the word pirate (or rather pirates) crops up in it twice.... but the Acheron is a privateer... however, since it be more about the Suprise and her crew, its not really a pirate movie, is it?

However, since you brought it up... its a bloody good movie based on a bloody good series of books.

O' course, the blood thirsty part of me prefers Hollom's demise in the books.....

Because the world does revolve around me, and the universe is geocentric....

....the movie "Master and Commander" in here?

I thought it was pretty good, even though I despise Russel Crowe.

:lol:

There was a whole thread on here some months ago. It was even revived when the DVD came out. It just went away is all. It was a great movie! Russell Crowe is a fine actor but a lousy human being. :lol:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Okies, if anyone doesn't want spoilers into the Far Side of the World (the book) stop reading now.

Well you see... Hollom was having an affair with the gunner's wife, who was aboard ship. The Suprise stops off at a small island to careen the ship and the like, and just as they are about to leave, they find that the gunner, his wife, and Hollom are not aboard. So they call out fer em, and only the gunner returns. Claims Hollom and his wife have decided to stay on the island together... but he came back bloody. It is only inferred, but he had killed em both on the island.

Nice.... Although, if'n you think about it... If they'd 'ave added the part into the movie about Hollum and the Gunner's wife, and their affair... It would have made sense that "god was punishing" the ship jonah-like for Hollum & the lady's sin.

Just a thought...

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Well, Jack thought that Hollom had a Jonah look about him before he let him come aboard as midshipmen.

It be interesting.. but i think there were considered two Jonahs aboard. One was Hollom, the other was Higgins, the surgeon's mate. the gunner did away with him too, cos he "used an instrument" on his wife, because she had been pregnant with Hollom's child. Of course, being as it was in those days, she took ill from it. After killing the couple and Higgins, he hung himself.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!

I hav'ne seen the movie yet! :lol:

Or read the books.....

I be needin' t' get on the ball about all that!!!

Deadly Drucilla

:lol::lol::huh:

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)