It's summer!!

Now tha' it's summer, this Wolf has a bunch more free time... but apparently, no where to spend it! I shelled out $80 fer some new garb, and now 'ave no oppertunity to wear it... where appropriate, that is.

Why is it that during the summer, there seems to be far less things to do, ren faires to attend... pirate men to flush? C'mon men, throw parties or somethin'! I'm bored!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Sorry I am to hear that Wolfy my dear, But by the looks of things ye have more going on out California way than around here in SC. To bad ye be way out there were having a tall ship festival here in Charleston( more details on other thread) Casabel and his good lady, Master Studley and the Pyrates of the Coast and Olaf are planning to attend. To bad ye can't be here too. If things go well this year the festival may become an annual event so put a few coins away and make yer way out here next year ye'll be more than welcomed. Plus with all the crews from the tall ships from around the world ye won't lack fer attention.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Aye Pirate Phil be right...

Pa most definately be "the Landlubber Commonwealth". ... :huh:

Phil.... will ye be mak'n it to the Celtic Fling? If so we most definately need to figure out a way to meet up there.

Yours aye

Kat

Now tha' it's summer, this Wolf has a bunch more free time... but apparently, no where to spend it! I shelled out $80 fer some new garb, and now 'ave no oppertunity to wear it... where appropriate, that is.

Aye all ye Lads n Lassies from CA, PA and SC, come up to Alex Bay, NY in August fer a fun 10 day Pirate Event. Motels n camping be pretty affordable and the town be a fun place to be in!!

To bad ye be way out there were having a tall ship festival here in Charleston

Aye Longarm, do they still have that around the world boat race in Chast'n like they did in the mid-90s. I remember they had the big "start" in the spring or summer, then the big "finish" was some time later. Channels 5 and 2 (that we watched the most) always made a big deal out of it.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Well me dear Wolfy, the main reason there aren't faires in the summer here in Southern California, is because it get WAY TOO HOT! Another is the places faires are held are booked for other reasons.

So just hold onto your garb, you'll get to wear it eventually.

Rumba Rue

**What part of arrggghhhh don't you understand?** <_<

Yeah, I suppose we have a lot of things happening here in CA, but I'm too far from the Bay to attend anything there. Guh. Guess I must wait until the Tallships Festival. See you all there!

Yeah, it does get too hot. And seeing as my garb is dark blue and black... it wouldn't make it any easier for me.

Captain Wolfy Wench

Yeah, I suppose we have a lot of things happening here in CA, but I'm too far from the Bay to attend anything there. Guh. Guess I must wait until the Tallships Festival. See you all there!

Yeah, it does get too hot. And seeing as my garb is dark blue and black... it wouldn't make it any easier for me.

Captain Wolfy Wench

Although I sometimes miss that hot weather, we surely do seem to find somethin' piratey a couple 'o three weekends a month!!!...Now RR gunpowder bill is almost equal to the cost 'o Robert Downey's rehab bill!! <_< ...speakin' 'o which, I'd best get changed to see about another pirate event this eve!!

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

Yeah, the hot weather is deifinitely the main reason why there isn't a lot of ren faires going on. Southern faire ended already. There isn't another faire in the southern California area until August. It's down in San Diego at Balboa Park. Heard it's pretty good so I'll probably check it out. Then of course there's the Del Mar Fair, oops sorry, I mean, the San Diego County Fair. They changed the name. It's not a ren fair, but something fun to do. It opens this Friday, the 11th. I actually have this weekend off so I'm thinking of going.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Captain Tito...

Sounds like a good time indeed, however with a wee bit o luck I'll be working at PA Renfaire August through October. If I'm not working I may be trying to make me way up. Hopefully I'll know my schedule the end of the month. Then I'll be mak'n plans for the summer and fall.

Yours aye

Kat

Kat-

Don't think I'll be makin' the Celtic Fling :lol:

...but I be plannin' on bein' there o' course fer Pyrate Weekend...

I be all in black - pantalones, boots, blouse, and 'do rag - wi' a parrot on me shoulder (he be not real, but don't be tellin' him thet - he be kind o' touchy on th' subject...) and two cabin-boys wot ta help me carry me plunder.

O' course, iffin' ye'd like to balloon-fence, I kin always send them's away ta get some soup-in-a-bread-bowl... <_<

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Phil...

:huh: I was hop'n to get to meet up with ye at the Fling but hey Pyrate weekend isn't all that far off. Not far off at all considering all I've to do. I've four outfits to make before I can even start on my garb. **sigh**

I 'ave no idea what I'll be in yet, depends on what I get me fingers sewing on. I need some new threads desperately.

Don't worry, I'll not be telling your parrot he isn't real. I've a monkey that thinks he be real too. Looks a bit like "Jack" in POTC.

I'm hoping to head to Sterling next month for a weekend, depends on if I can con someone into heading up there with me or not.

Just got word from the Pyrate King .... looks at though, unless things change somehow before next year ... I'll be joining ye at Endless Mountains... seems the pyrates 'ave a new wench... er talent. :huh:

Now... as for this balloon-fencing.. :huh: one never knows.

Yours aye

Kat

Just got word from the Pyrate King .... looks at though, unless things change somehow before next year ... I'll be joining ye at Endless Mountains... seems the pyrates 'ave a new wench... er talent. :huh:

Now... as for this balloon-fencing.. :huh: one never knows.

Huzzah!

We be trompin' and stompin' now...congrats, m'lady!

Aye - I much prefer ta be aimin' at flesh an' bone, but it only be a Faire... :huh: ...An' they doesn't even let me do me best moves...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

• 2 months later...
Why is it that during the summer, there seems to be far less things to do, ren faires to attend... pirate men to flush? C'mon men, throw parties or somethin'! I'm bored!

Years ago, at a meeting with the Rev War group I was in, it came time to vote for "when to do events." Everyone poopoo-ed the idea of doing an event in August because of the heat. Since then I've promised myself I'd have an event in August. A little too late to have one for this year (though, my group did have a swordfighting event last Saturday, which I've got pictures of and will post soon), but I want to do something next year.

Blackjohn

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.