For yer Tallship lovers!

Charity

Ye lovers of ships (aint we all? :D ), here be an event not to miss: Sail Amsterdam 2005!

Me's posting just a few bits of info here:

Sail Amsterdam 2005

Under the name The Seven Cities of SAIL 2005 a large number of maritime events will be organised with Sail Amsterdam 2005 as the central event. The Seven Cities refers to the sailing programme that entails seven cities. The sailing programme:

Portsmouth (Great Brittain)  23-06-2005 - 27-06-2005

Waterford (EIRE) 07-07-2005 - 10-07-2005

Cherbourg (France)  15-07-2005 - 18-07-2005 

Zeebrugge (Belgium)  23-07-2005 – 26-07-2005 

Frederikstad (Sweden)  03-08-2005 – 06-08-2005 

Bremerhaven (Germany)  10-08-2005 - 14-08-2005 

Amsterdam (Netherlands) 17-08-2005 – 21-08-2005 

And:

August 8 - 21, 2005 We're going to Holland and Amsterdam for Sail Amsterdam 2005!

We will be sailing on the Vriendschap a 110 foot restored canal boat they call a Klipper. Nine cabin spaces are available; 7 accomodating two people each and two for three people. The cost for two weeks, including all of your food, shipboard accomodations, and four days in Amsterdam for Sail 2005 is estimated at $4,500 per cabin, $2,250 per person for the two person cabins. Click on the anchor to view a flyer and application form for this sail. We are taking application deposits now.

Here be a flyer about the event:

Flyer Sail Amsterdam 2005

Ye can't miss it lasses and gents, it be the event no ship lover WANTS te miss ...

Come and have fun in Amsterdam :D

hero.jpg

Highly unlikely I can get meself o'er ta Holland fer that, sounds like a lot of fun. :D but fer those o' us marooned stateside, word is that a bunch of tall ships are tourin' American ports. I thinks there's some comin' ta Newport RI and somewhere in Connecticut. There's been debate fer security reasons. Seems like that be the cause fer cancellation of any town-sponsored fun recently. aaaarrrrrrggghhh. :D

Ye never know :)

Ye be more then welcome, and hopefully ye gets to see that tour yer hopin'for!

Those ships makes me feel good just to look at, but me thinks it will be too hard to commandeer one with all those people around us... :(

hero.jpg

Oh yeah..just emagine it...commandeering a fine ship, with some people, while the crewe is on shore for a little stroll...

And away we are, sailing straight out of the midst of all the others, quickly follow the river and onto the sea...we're on our way!

Oh...nice thought..aye, nice thought indeed...

hero.jpg

• 1 month later...