Pirates in Shrek 2

Just saw Shrek 2 with the crew tonight. There be pirates innit! They be providin local color in a tavern. A fellow with a hook plays the piano, with Tom Waits providin the vocals. (I think. I'm sure no one else on earth sounds like him.)

But the best part wasn't even in the movie. I won't give it away. Just be sure you get to the theatre in time to see all the trailers and commercials and such before the film. Not sure if they'll show it in every market, but I hope so! Not to be missed!

Oh? Something of pyratical importance, Hawkyns, that we should be eager to view? You have me rather curious now.

My nephew wants me to take him to see it... so, perhaps I will tomorrow.

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Okay mates, here's a *Did you know!*.....

How many of you knew that the lad's that wrote your very own, near and dear *Pirates of the Caribbean* film ALSO wrote *Shrek* ???

(chuckle) And ye wondered why there were so many stabs at Disney!!

Here's another tid-bit.... *Shrek* was designed from a morphed photo of Michael Eisner. Take a really long and close look. You'll see him in there!

Yo Ho!! B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Awwww, poor Shrek being based on such an ugly character! B) Of course we know there is no love lost between Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenberg (sp).

I also heard there was a dispute between the writers and the director, that the director took credit for the script.

Saw the movie on Thursday; it was great! I LOVE Antonio Banderas as Puss, he is sooooo funny!

However Hook should have been drawn as Jason Isaacs - the definitive Captain Hook! And yes, he can play the piano with a hook, just watch the PJ Hogan version of Peter Pan.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Here's another tid-bit.... *Shrek* was designed from a morphed photo of Michael Eisner. Take a really long and close look. You'll see him in there!

It's amazing what digital technology can do. They've taken an ugly awful fleshy ogre and created a loveable green human being!

B) Tom Waits, are you serious!? I has te go see it now! I was gonna skippit, but yer all sayin' it's so good, an' I trust a pirate's review. :)

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)

I second the kudos. Saw the film today. The Waits song is great, Puss is hysterical, and the slaps at Dizzzney are...

well.

apt. Having worked in Hollyweird for many years the land of Far Far Away is a hoot, along with Angelyne like billboard for the fairy godmother.

:)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

I saw it twice this weekend. Ye Gods it was too funny!

I still can't believe Larry King was the voice of Ugly Stepsister.

I loved Puss, I loved Mongo...

I loved Fairy Godmother lapsing into street english.

I don't think there was a dang thing I didn't enjoy in it.

And poor, poor Ariel.

Preview for "Shark's Tale" looks good too, although I must say "The Incredibles" will get my first look.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

AHOY!

WOW! Haven't seen it.. however, I have been told by someone that there is a "preview' of something in particular. Is it true!?! Holiday 2004 reference to it here or is that just a preview for a preview? I have yet to see it... I just may attempt to go & see if my friend was telling me the truth.

:::looks at Bess; HUGE innocent grin with halo above head; eagerly awaiting open casting call:::

LOL, with all the rain causing SOOO much flooding here.. I bet I could make it to the Caribbean faster than the Black Pearl!

:ph34r:

I didn't think it was a preview. Thought it would be way too early for PotC 2 previews since nothing much has happened on it.

TY though. Obviously the person who mentioned this to me got their wires crossed. They thought it was a preview for PotC 2 coming out around the 2004 holiday season. :D

Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

I was informed it was Starz channel will be showing the movie.

Unless you know otherwise?

:o

I know there's some sort of scratch-off game being handed out at movie theaters in regards to Starz showing PotC. What's the prize, I don't know...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF