Ohio Renaissance Festival

Make your sea-faring soul some time to visit the Ohio Ren Festival... notable on 11 and 12 September, 2004, which is Swashbuckler's Weekend. Enjoy the Pirate's Stunt Show located on the Ship Stage... there's nothing like bloodshed, mayhem, and family entertainment to make the rum taste a bit sweeter!

Website is www.renfestival.com for ticket and accomodation information!

:lol:

It's only about a two hour drive for me, but what would you recommend for lodging?

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin' over yer ship...

Don't permit me aboard and I'll still take over yer ship"

If you book early enough, there is lodging in Wilmington, Oh... that's only twenty minutes from site.... specifically the names of the places, I forget... Also, Waynesville, Oh has some places to stay. The website probably has some good suggestions. We're very excited for this year's faire... we'll be the most fearsome pirates ever to ... sail into a landlocked village... hmm... interesting.

Till there's nothing left!

Rebecca Makepeace, Bosun

I was planning on hitting that faire later in it's run, but I will now look at doing that weekend instead.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Random Tidbit: There's a town called Waynesville and a town called Harveysburg there. Jus' so happens I know a man called Wayne Harvey....thought I'd share.

Ahh, the Renny. B) Got me first kiss at the Renny. Strapping young lad at the wax flower shop, Kevin was 'is name.

If yer lookin' te buy a period sword or pistol, that's the place. They've got tons, but even pirates gotta keep 'em peace-bonded. They've got shows and things to show em off in, too. Like "The Swordsmen", Dirk & Guido- Bold and Stupid Men (and any lady knows tha's jus' how we like 'em!).

I can't wait! :ph34r:

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)