The Sea Battle of Three Centuries!!

Anytime we set sail with the Royaliste, it is bound to be an adventure. But none of us forsaw the adventure that we had this weekend, as three centuries of war machines came together for a battle reenactment the likes of which may have never been seen before!!

We sailed out from Sausalito and headed towards Angel Island, where we were to engage our adversaries, the canoneers of the Ft. Reynolds West Garrison.

We passed the island at a distance, then looped back, closing in for the attack. The cannoneers were positioned high on the upper end of the parade ground, so the Royaliste's guns were raised and we fired a broadside as we came around the edge of the rocky coastline, raising a plume of white smoke into the air.

The cannoneers returned fire and the sounds of cannon fire echoed against the island and across the bay!! Then things began to get REALLY interesting!!

A group of three vintage World War II airplanes flew overhead. Apparently, they'd seen the smoke from guns and flew by for a look. We waved, but didn't know if they could see us or not as they flew by. Then someone shouted out;

"Look!! They're coming back!!"

Sure enough, the planes were circling and were headed right for us!!! One after another, the planes swooped down upon the pirate ship, defending the fort from their attackers and coming so close that we could see the pilots in their cockpit enclosures!! They skimmed low over the water, then rounded up and headed back at us from out of the west, flying in an impressive precision triangle formation over our sails!! Then they came at us from the north, swooping low and dipping their wings!!! They made several low passes at us before flying off to the north!!!

On the island, the canoneers of the 19th century, battled the pirate ship of the 18th century, and the garrison was defended from the pirates by three airplanes of the 20th century!!

WOWEEEE!!!!!!!! What a sea battle!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if there's ever been a battle quite like this!!! I'm going to see if I can find out who the pilots were!

:ph34r:

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Arrr...What a shame! And Here I be missin' out on all the excitement! Ah...well, that's what ye get when yer stuck in a shipyard all weekend.

Sounded like it was really fun, Quill!

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"