Pirates! by Celia Rees

Have you ever read (or heard of) Pirates! by Celia Rees?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever read (or heard of) Pirates! by Celia Rees?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe So
    • Heard of it
    • Friend's Read it

Yes I've read it! Got it for Christmas, read it all day, finished it that night.

Me new favorite book. Great inspiration fer pirates of the senior in high school variety such as meself. I absolutely loved it. Glad ta see ye're takin' after Minerva. I thought she was a better character than Nancy.

I did actually see it just the other day in the Young adult section of Walden-books...I didn't buy it because I found anther pirate book (dudley Pope's Buccaneer ) and because I'm a 30 something pirate...har har. But if it is a good read in the tradition of Treasure Island...I may pick it up....

Let me know how Pope's Buccaneer is. I haven't got around to reading it yet. Personally, I think Pirates! is a great read, not so much in the vein of Treasure Island. In fact I think it's better. Very well researched.The main conceit has to do with Defoe's General History, which is sort of interesting. <_<