I'm wondering...

I got one from Lady Snoodes for $20

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Ye can also get felt hat blanks from a number of theatrical sources for as little as $12. Steam em and pin up the brim and ye gots yrself a cocked hat, what we calls a tricorn now. :)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Ooh, sorry bout the multiple posts, but here's their hats page, tricorns from about $17...

Z

http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=6

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Now those are good lookin hats at good prices. Most the hats I seen that cheap looked that cheap. :huh:

By the way Zorg, what happened to yer Avitar? Ye look kinda squashed, like ye been sat on.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

Where is Lady Snoodes?

You'll find a link Here!

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

No no no no no no no. Steaming a hat is not dangerous at all. I burned my fingers more at the Indian restaurant last night picking apart the flatbread. Actually, that bread was HOT, and I really did burn my fingers. But it in no way compares with, say, accidently touching the oven rack for a millsecond and getting a gigamongous blister. Your fingers will be sore in the same they get sore when they get too cold. But it's nothing that could considered dangerous.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Hmm... these are pretty good, but I'm under eighteen, so I can't order online. I need a walk-in shop, preferably somewhere in Newport, OR. And I don't think I'd really want to try steaming a hat... sounds dangerous.

Steamin a hat is not dangerous at all lass but, ye can git the same effect just by runnin cold water over it till it soaks through. Ye then put it in the shape ye want an make sure it be propped in that shape till she dries. I've reblocked me own stetson that way many a time in cold mountain streams.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

Buy the way, if you have a walmart, you can get a wide-brimmed straw hat for five bucks and simply fold up the sides and tie them up. Then you'll have a cooler hat for the summer. I believ Mt. Tudor has a thread where he demonstrates how to do this.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum