Pirate comic!

Calavera

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to these boards as you can see. I'm currently working on a pirate comic, and I thought I should post this preview here to get some comments. I hope you like it and can give me some tips... please comment on the text if you think it could be written better, I'm from a non-english-speaking-country so I'm having some difficulties with the language :lol:

As you can probably see, I've been inspired by the Monkey Island games :lol:page01preview.jpg

Very nice, I'm anxious to see the next panel. You've captured the pirate dialect well. The only edit I would suggest is "cut your throat out." The word "out" is not needed, or perhaps a different prepositional phrase would work. "Cut your throat" would suffice, or "cut your throat from ear to ear" although that is such a common expression as to be cliché.

I love it! I'm partial to the phrase "rip him/her a new one" but 'cut your throat out' also works for me, as does 'slit the bloody bastard's throat' and 'stick a red hot poker in her eyes'.

But hey! You tell the story and I'll read it!

Lovely panel, by the way. Very nice!

Nice drawings. I have to agree with the "cut throat off" is not doing it for me. I think you are confusing it with "cut head off" and "spit down throat".

Just my two cents worth.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Hmm okay, thanks! So if I change the sentence "cut me throat off" into "cut me throat" or "cut me throat from ear to ear", it'll sound better? Thanks for the tip, I'll go ahead and make some changes :)

I love it! I'm partial to the phrase "rip him/her a new one" but 'cut your throat out' also works for me, as does 'slit the bloody bastard's throat' and 'stick a red hot poker in her eyes'.

But hey! You tell the story and I'll read it!

Lovely panel, by the way. Very nice!

To clarify for our non-native English speakers "rip him/her a new one" does not refer to ripping a new throat. Instead, it refers to the opposite end of the digestive tract. Perhaps the last place on one's body wants any ripping at all.

:lol: