Pirate recipes

Hunting Hawk

Smoked sausages be a good meat to serve. Easy to heat and easy to eat. Along with that, how about some barbequed smoke fish. A good salmon (a wee bit expensive) and of course some nice warm clam chowder is good too. A warm crusty sourdough bread with thick slabs of fresh butter. And of course, some key lime pie from trader joes to finish it off.

Well, that be a bit of an idea for ya.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Ooooohhhh... key lime pie from Trader Joe's... to die for!! And if you're feeling adventurous, do a web search for salamagundi... a true historical pirate dish... I've made it with beef and chicken, and its actually pretty good!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

How about turtle soup, and manatee steaks..........

Manatee steaks?? That's awful! :D

That key lime pie sounds great though. And that salamagundi, I'll have to look fer that.. Willing to try anything once, says I. Good luck on the feast, mate. :D

"Dum Spiro Spero"- "While I breathe, I hope"

A pirate feast can't ever be complete without drinks! Don't forget t' get shot glasses, more tropical-like drinks, and those little umbrellas!

Of course, pirates are sailors, so ye need lots of things from the sea. The smoked fish is a good idea. Ye can always get good ideas of what kinds of fish t' eat from Trader Joe's. Big chunks of meat like the turkey legs from Ren Faire, kebabs (wif pineapple!), or other things ye can eat wif yer hands are also appropriate. Anythin' t' get yer hands dirty! :unsure:

Aye, the Key Lime Pie... sort of tropical. Good luck on yer feastin'!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Flour, salt, water. Mix flour and salt together, adding water as necessary to create the dough. Pound flat on a pan with a wooden mallet. Bake at 350 degrees until hard. Keeps well.

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Thank ye fer the help. There's a few good ideas there. I were also thinkin o servin some chicken, course I'll tell em it be parrot. (why else would a pirate keep a parrot on board.) :lol:

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.