making Jack Sparrow's compass

wolf2hawks

Got a question for the pirate prop builders out there.

I ran across a website awhile back that showed how to make a replica of Jack Sparrow's compass, but lost track of it. Anybody out there know where it might be, or be working on their own copy? Looking for a new project, and I can't find the information(even where I might find some good pictures).

You mean this one

One

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Crazy site, Black deacon... very helpful, though. I loves it when other people use their time, energy and sanity and do the work fer me. :) Too much match involved here.

wolf2hawks, I 'ave a few good pictures of the compass, most of which are available on that site. When I get home, I'll see if I can post them.

Captain Wolfy Wench

Thanks, mates.

I found the site with the blueprints about five minutes after I posted,(Had to jump ship to a different searchship, HMS MSN just wasn't getting it done). :angry: :ph34r: :angry:

Thankfully after the good news I got yesterday(finally gainfully employed after 2 ands a half years, as of the morrow), I can finally start to work on me piratical costume(plus trying to get me design for a cutlass and belt knife made, flinter pistol and rifle, handmade baldric, my own version of a belt rig for my Browning Hi-Power made famous by a certain movie archaeoligist, crossbow, longbow, scrimshawing, etc(It's amazing the amount of projects you come up with when all ye have to do is sit around a computer and dream).

BTW, the pictures will be helpful, thanks for the assist.---Wolf2Hawks

Arrr.... the mighty warship Google always works the best!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF