Pirate Ben Franklin?

Wow did anybody catch that article about Ben Franklin hand his "piratical ways" in the latest NQG?

Certainly not something they taught us about in school social studies, but obviously it was a necessary way of dealin with the war.

Anybody know of any other heralded figure in American History that practiced any similar dealings?? <_<

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Ahoy! I wrote the Franklin article and I'm SO glad that you were intrigued by it!

<_<

My suggestion for further info on American privateering would be to research privateering during the Civil War. There is lots of great information. And I HIGHLY recommend reading the book Ben Franklin's Privateers. It is well written, well researched and a great read!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Aye, Franklin plundered more than his fair share in his time. I was fortunate to have several great history teachers coming up. Taught the good and bad about history. "If you're going to learn it then you are going to learn it worts and all."

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg