Muppet Treasure Island toys

John_Young

Wow! I just picked up the 2 Muppets they have so far from this line brought to us by Palisades Toys.

First up they released Sam the Eagle as Mr Arrow. He is huge, and pretty hefty. His garb is detailed and he comes with a tricorn hat (with magnet to keep it on his head), a key, a Bible (with secret compartment to hold treasure map) and a real telescoping telescope. The accuracy and detail on every piece is phenominal.

The second piece that was just released is Kermit as Captain Abraham Smollett. He is every inch the muppet / ship's captain that we know and love. He comes with a rapier w/scabbard, a magnetic tricorn hat, and the evil pirate Polly Lobster. The detailing is just marvelous, from his powdered wig to his pot belly.

They are also offering a "Ghost of Mr Arrow" figure which has a paler paint application and he comes with seaweed to drape across him. I beleive that it is a convention exclusive, which means that it will be extremely hard to get. I tried to get the Kermit as Indiana Jones convention exclusive and was literally 1 minute too late. And I was at the booth as soon as the con had opened.

While these figures are wonderful, bear in mind that some of them are hard to get. I know Target and Media Play stocks them, but each "wave" of figures only consists of about 4 different characters and certain ones just won't sit there "peg warming".

If you can find them, go get them!

I for one am hoping that they do a Fozzie from Muppet Treasure Island!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

well "Adventure Kermit" as they call him is going for quite the hefty sum on eBay. The figures are normally around $10, but Indy Kermy is about 10x that.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF