Anybody like Morgan's Revenge?

Ye've piqued me interest, mate (anything with the name "Morgan" in it grabs me interest for some reason :lol: )... what is this "Morgan's Revenge", and where can it be ordered?

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Tarnation folks!

Have ye never been to a ren faire or a store that sells pyrate stuff?

Morgan's revenge is a game that comes in a little bag wit' ole Morgan's face on it. Inside are metal coins and a top. Ye place yer bets, ye spin the top, ye take yer winnings.

It's pretty cheap ta buy, and easy ta larn.

Not one of yer video games, or durn blasted board games...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Aye Sir John ye be right with the description.

It also sayeth that the 16 page booklet in the sack has Pirate lore in it that goes along with the game. :lol:

If ye type in Morgan's Revenge in yer general search, ye shall find toy stores n hobby stores that sell it. It be around 9-10 samolians plus haulin charges. Fer Pirates online I know teachshole.com has it to.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Teach's Hole still makes me giggle :lol:

Well, the booklet does have some good stuff. They also say the game is more closely from Ancient Roman Times . Them wacky Ancient Romans .

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

I have this game, but I couldn't quite understand the way to play exactly. Can anyone give a more detailed play-by-play? I just wasn't sure if they meant you can place any bet amount.. and then there's the necessary amount and such. It confused me a bit.

That said, I'd dearly love to play.. if only I could find people to play with me.. :lol:

"Dum Spiro Spero"- "While I breathe, I hope"

I likes it. I be sufferin' too right now... Half a bottle o' rum at 7300 feet... Ol' Morgan did a number on me stomach!

Sorry, mate... Morgan's Revenge indeed!

Perkeo Posted on Apr 21 2004, 11:13 PM

this could just be me, but me friends and I turned it into a drinking game....come to think of it we turn every game into a drinking game.....oh, well!!!! 

Is it wrong?!? I see nothing wrong with that! Drunken Chutes and Ladders sounds like a grand idea, actually! Candy Land, with fruity flavored shots whenever you draw certain cards... sounds fantastic!!

:lol:B):lol:B):lol:B):blink::blink:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

:blink: Huzzzahhh me game came in the snail today!!!

It is cool!!!

Now it really doesn't say how many doubloons to start each player with and how many is good to anti into the pot.

Anyone got good advice there? :blink:

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Go with what strikes yer fancy?

I thought there was rule fer that...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

Alright, so here's the thing... who wants t' start playin' Morgan's revenge with REAL money at the next gatherin'? Gamblin', anyone?

Now tharrrrrr be a game mateys!!! :o

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Now it really doesn't say how many doubloons to start each player with and how many is good to anti into the pot.

Anyone got good advice there?  <_<

We've long since lost the sheet with the rules (they're more like guidelines, anyway) so we started by putting in 2 coins each. Well, it was getting dull, so we decided everyone had to put in 2 more coins after every round. Once the pot was bigger, it was more fun (even though we weren't playing "for keeps").

I can see this as a drinking game. Also might be fun as "Strip Morgan's Revenge" ;)