Ojai Renaissance Faire this weekend!

Rumba Rue

Well it's the spring Ojai Renaissance Faire this weekend, April 24-25. Weather should be absolutely perfect, PRP will be there. I'm planning on bringing my parrot, Gilligan.

Perhaps some of you should make it out there. Would love to meet some more of my fellow pirates from these boards.

(I won't be at the fall one, as I will be out of the country at the time)

Rumba Rue

**Smile and make people wonder what you're up to** :lol:

Gotta miss this weeks end Sister Pirate.

I have commitments already but smooth sailing!!

(And keep an eye out for hawks with the sweetie on your shoulder!) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hey Rumba Rue, do you know anything about that one pirate guild that I was hanging out with? The one at the Escondido faire. I only know the name of their guild, The port of the Black Sail. They don't have a website from what I had heard. The one girl mentioned something about searching thru yahoo for them, but I can't find nothing on them. Pretty sad, I hung out with them that whole weekend, was invited to join them and everything and I know pretty much nothing about them. B) Well, I never made a promise to them I'd be there for the Ojai faire. I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to make it. I told them the next time I'd see them all would probably be the next Escondido faire in October. Anyway, hope you have fun. If you see them, which I'm sure you will, tell them I said hi. In case they don't remember my name tell them I'm the blonde who wore the cursed coin right between the cleavage. LOL! :lol: Actually, tell Renee I said hi. I'm sure he'll remember me. Such a cutie pirate he was. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ruby and I will hopefully be arriving early enough to help with set up on Friday. We will be visiting Iron Bess in the morning and then after lunch driving to pick up Red Maria and her gear before driving up. Am I being too ambitious? :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Guh, I plan to be there this time! I've been askin' a friend who's a part of another ren faire group, but then me mother had an urge to go campin', so she now wants to camp out fer the weekend! Problem is, I gotta friend who has her student films up fer awards on Sunday, so I should be there fer that. Maybe. >_<

Anyway, I'll be there on Saturday at least, one way or another. Righ' about I turned 18, I sent an application to PRP, so I hope I can audition fer them out there. :lol: Tell 'em I say hi, and that I wish to audition fer them, Rumba Rue. See you all there!

Captain Wolfy Wench

I sent an application to PRP, so I hope I can audition fer them out there.

To whom did you send your application, Wolfy? I'm PRP's Secretary, all applications are sent to me either by email or snail mail so I can add applicants to the mailing lists. I don't think I've received yours. The most recent application I received was from someone with the first name of Paul--not you, was it?

Visit our web site to apply by email (link in my sig below).

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PirateQueen, I submitted an application around April 11th or 12th via the PRP website, using that email form. Arrgh, I hope it sent! :blink: And no, my first name's Elise.

Is there another way to join? Maybe in person? I would like to do my audition as soon as possible, becuase it's going to make me super nervous. ^^

Captain Wolfy Wench

The port of the Black Sail. In case they don't remember my name tell them I'm the blonde who wore the cursed coin right between the cleavage.

Being a blue-eyed blonde with well-endowed cleavage and wearing my cursed coin explains all the looks I was getting from that guild. :ph34r: Personally, I'm too wise to be playing the games the Port of the Black Sail plays.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Dammit!

I knew I should've stopped by and introduced myself!

We had a great time at Ojai! (My friend and I) Too hot for my jacket though :unsure:

I met Rene over the weekend and I think most of us are too smart for the games that those boys play..... :lol:

Men are like a deck of cards - You need a heart to love them, a diamond to marry them, a club to beat them and a spade to bury the bastards.