Blunderbuss squirt gun?

ok, so I've heard this rumor that there's some squirt guns out there that look like various blunderbusses and other type of period guns. (forgive me iffn' my knowledge of guns is just beyond waaaaay off. I'm more of a slip something into their rum kind of a gal)

at any rate, I was wondering iffn' any one has ever come across these squirt guns. I'd have thought that they'd not exist as most squirt guns I've seen are no longer realistic looking or if they have the real shape they're in day glow colors.

Thought I'd ask. :)

oh, and waterballon crossbows or cannons sound like fun, but I'm having a hard time visualizing how to construct one. Right now, for the cannon all I can think of is PVC pipes, surgical tubing and water ballons, but it's just not having the right look. bugger.

and oh, the reason for the odd question: Pirate squirt gun fights would just rock. Two 'ships' firing cannon at each other. heh. It'd just be fun. I'm trying to see how feasible it would be to do this at an event during the iggy hot summer time.

Ahoy there, you wet and wild pirates!

I found an accurately sized blunderbuss plastic gun at a party shop in a nearby city. It's just a "pop" pistol, but I believe you can use caps as well.

Anyway, my advice for that type of specialty stuff is to go to a website that specializes in waterguns or go to your local Party Place or Party City...whatever you have close. That is most likely to be your best bet.

Oh, and no rum in the pistols, now...heh heh heh

:P

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

many places have totally banned realistic squirt guns-thailand is one as well as many smaller regions and cities like augusta georgia.the manufacturers have mostly stopped making them due to pressure from influential sources.the best way to find a more realistic one is to look on ebay or other places that may sell the older kind.

this is a link to the site that sells the widowmaker,which looks like a cannon-there is a diagram of it there also.

http://www.california-water-cannon.com/

this place sells a brightly colored water blaster that resembles a matchlock rifle-with a little creative decorations it would be a great water war weapon.

http://www.waterblaster.net/

I was at an sca site last year that had conversion plans for a water balloon slingshot into a cannon.I couldn't find the original site,but it was pretty simple.you just find a piece of pvc pipe that fits the size ballon you are going to use and attach the sling shot to the inside.it used a long hook(padded double wire to grab each side of the sling pad) inserted from the breech end of the cannon to pull the sling shot back where the firing trigger holds it-then you drop a balloon in and pull the trigger.of course you can add paint and other embellishments to make it more realistic.remember if you are in the water it is good to use biodegradable water balloons,because the fish and birds eat them and often die.

http://store.yahoo.com/fliinc/100yarwatlau.html

this site has lots of water balloon sling shots.

Capt Weaver

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions