Blackbeard Fest Morehead Cancelled

Lady Elaina

Why did they cancel, Elaina, dja know?

Just havt ta roll our own... :huh:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

• 2 weeks later...

Blackbeard Festival cancelled or no, the Pyrate Queen and I ARE going to be heading up that way during the May 13 - 17 time frame.

Is anyone else from the list going to be there? Can anyone recommend any places to go / things to do in the area?

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Sorry to hear that, says I. Guess I'll be staying in home port until Hampton,s Blackbeard Fest. on 4th of June. Looking foward to meeting crew members @ the Grand Pyrate Ball.

Together we shall sail the sea, best friends we'll always be. But, if we should ever disagree, the hell with you, and hurray for me.

The Pyrate Queen and I will be arriving on the 13th, and leaving on the 17th, so we'll be able to participate in at least some of the Blackbeard activities. Thank ye fer the info, Black Mariah! ;)

Capt. William

I heard cancelled due to lack of sponsorship... I think it's on their website.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

According to their events calendar the NC Maritime Museum will have a symposium and some other activities. Here's the website:

http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/sections/mar...main/events.htm

The film festival starts May 11, the Symposium is on the 14th and their is a tour of the repository of Queen Anne's Revenge artifacts on the 15th. Reservations may be needed for the symposium.

You can also e-mail them for more information at maritime@ncmail.net. They sent me a schedule of the symposium.

Black Mariah

Speaking of sponsorships, I just heard Pusser's Rum is promoting a lot of sponsorships lately. Looks like they are trying to become more of a household name. Anyone looking for sponsors should give Pusser's Rum a try.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

The Pyrate Queen and I will still be there, May 13 - 17. There are still piratical events scheduled, and there seems to be a lot to do in the area otherwise.

Are any other mates planning to make the trip? :unsure:

Capt. William

i'm backing out capn william...would love to meet you n the missus, but an 8 hr drive is a little long fer me.

i've opted out to go to jamestown landing day in va...only bout 3 hrs away.

guess that means we'll have to meet up at pip : )

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

So you'll be at PiP fer shure Paisley?

Bully!

I can't wait t' see ya!

B)

Meanwhile, give that Commodore Hurricane a hard time fer me!

B)

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

• 4 weeks later...

The Morehead City Pirates' Festival was cancelled, but the Pyrate Queen and I went to Beaufort (the next town over) anyway, and we had a royal time!

All day last Friday there was a Blackbeard Festival at the North Carolina Maritime Museum, and we got to meet the blokes who discovered The Queen Anne's Revenge, and to hear several lectures about BB and piracy in general (including an interesting lecture about, of all things, ballast stones.)

We spent Saturday wandering about Beaufort, including the Old Burying Ground: final resting place for a number of nautical folk, including Otway Burns, local privateersman during the War of 1812, whose headstone is topped with a cannon from his vessel; and a little girl who, so the story goes, died at sea in the 1700's but was brought back home by her loving father in a cask of rum, and so buried.

Sunday, we got to do a bit of sailing.

A mighty nice little place, and we plan to revisit. We stayed at a local bed and breakfast called the Captains' Quarters, run by a nice couple in their 80's.

Capt. William

We did indeed, Stynky!

Nay on the pictures: I've been chiding the Pyrate Queen for what I deem excessive taking of pictures that end up scattered all over the house, since she doesn't have the time to mount them in albums. So I reckon she retaliated by not taking any! She wants to get a digital camera, so that should make it easier to post pictures on e-mail, besides eliminating the paper-picture mess.

Capt. William

. . .digital camera, so that should make it easier to post pictures on e-mail, besides eliminating the paper-picture mess. . .

Aye, digital cameras are perfect for such endeavors!