Can Anyone help?

Fox

What ho pirate people,

This is only vaguely pirate related but I wonder if any of you who are more web-wise than I might be able to help with a small problem.

I'm researching the English sea-dog John Davis (navigator extraordinaire) and trying to find a copy online of a book he published in 1595 entitled "The World's Hydrographical Description". I have a copy of his earlier work "Seaman's Secrets", and I know the whereabouts of an original paper copy of the "Description", but I won't be able to get to read it for some months, and I am likely to want to work from it so an e-copy would be of much more use to me in the long term anyway. So, if any of you could possibly point me in the direction of an online copy I would be eternally grateful and would be happy to name my first born child after you unless your name is Eric...

Just to relate it to piracy: John Davis (or Davys) was heavily connected to the Gilberts and Raleighs, commanded a ship under the Earl of Cumberland the privateer, likewise under Thomas Cavendish and was finally killed by Japanese pirates.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Actually I just managed to find a copy... s'pose I should have finished looking myself before enlisting other people to help. Actually found it by accident, I'd moved onto the next topic - a search for Purchas his Pilgrimes - and there it was...

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk