Marlinspike

Creed

• 2 weeks later...
I don't, I'm ashamed to admit! Can tie a bowline, and that's about it. But I plan to learn! :)

Capt. William

When I first broke into the construction trades, there was no 'OSHA', harnesses, safety lanyards, handrails, etc..Just a tool belt with a rope, an' a quick instruction on a bowline, otherwise, you didn't last the day, literally! :ph34r: ..a one-handed bowline was taught to me as a youth, luckily for my arse!

:ph34r: DUHH!!...The obvious, I tie 'em all, for every reason; riggers as me day job, 18th century vessel for a home, several sailing rigs, and 'o course plenty 'o marlinspike seamanship to embellish the above...On a 'name game', when ye all tie the 'Mast hitch', used to erect masts and provide three guy points, also providing the first working guy in the process, gimmee a call...you hit the big time!!!! :)

But I'll re-state this, once again, as no one has come forward with a mast hitch yet....How about it.............Bully??......Anyone??

I learned my piratin' early, tyin' my stuffed animals up to the chain-link fence in th' backyard when I was a wee lass. :lol: Trick was, I could never get th' knots undone! I had teh cut them out, and as a result, a few o' my stuffed animals have missin' limbs.

This will prove to be useful when I hold inanimate objects for ransom in the future. Thanks much!

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)