Tennessee Renaissance Festival

Ahoy!

I just wanted you all to know that I attended the Tennessee Renaissance Festival in pirate garb. It was a present from my honey, Sea Bob. I wore a captain's black tricorne with red and black feathers, a red and black corset, black pants and black thigh high boots. My black sash and belt kept my cutlass, money pouch and compass at my side and away from scurvy thieves.

My Sea Bob was with me, and dressed in garb as well. He had the poor, pitiful "swabbish" kind of look about him. He carried the blunderbuss and dagger. He also wore a cavalier hat (one pictured in my avatar) with a feather so long that no one could walk or sit behind him without needing an eyepatch!

We got stopped several times to be asked for a photograph by the "touristy" folks who don't dress up. The guy at the pirate booth was salivating every time we walked by. We didn't buy anything at his booth. We did buy beer, fish and chips. I had a Guinness Extra Stout...ahhh.

:huh:

I'll post a few photos when I get them downloaded. Also, there's a site that you can go to for other photos. You may see me in one of the tavern comedy shows in upcoming photos on this site:

http://www.fireside-productions.com/faire2003

:huh:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."