Pirate Fashions Cutlass Review

At the request of Lord William Brand here is my review of the Pirate Fashions Cutlass. If I missed a detail in my review please feel free to ask and I’ll be happy to answer to the best of my ability 

This first part sounds like a warning but it’s really not. Make sure you know who the manufacturer is before making your purchase. After purchasing my sword from Pirate Fashions I discovered these cutlasses are produced via a contract with Deepeeka and my heart sank. I have owned four swords from Deepeeka and I have sold every one of them, in my experience they are more like handling a crowbar attached to a hilt rather than an actual sword. I am happy and very pleasantly surprised to say that this is absolutely not the case with this particular blade. It is probably one of the lightest most well balanced “entry level” swords I’ve had the pleasure of handling! The weight is primarily contained within the hilt which prevents the 23” blade from feeling point heavy. The handle is definitely one of my favorite features, the hilt “appears” to be iron but I believe it to probably be sheet steel that’s been blued. It has a proper peened construction on the blade and is again just an overall great piece. The baldric is my own creation and was not supplied by Pirate Fashions

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by VerdonTheLeatherGuy

On 7/21/2024 at 3:39 PM, VerdonTheLeatherGuy said:

Pirate Fashions Cutlass...

The cutlass looks great, thank you for the review and that baldric looks amazing!