Independent Company attending.

So, after some 16 years, I am actually going to get to use all the research myself and others put into the early 18th century British uniform portrayal.

Much of that research can be found here -> (although a number of books in my personal library, and discussion on other forums has padded this info out a lot)

Currently, I have almost everything needed for this portrayal, and have worn various iterations of it out over the years.
To really nail this down to "as perfect as I feel I will ever get it", I need to accomplish the below

1. Remake the hat. I have a black hat blank, and wool trim that has been waiting for months for this. I am going to make a hatblock to get the shape correct.

2. Retrieve the sword. During an event 5 or 6 years ago, the sword I bought for this portrayl ended up (due to hasty pack-down) in someone else's possession. We chatted this weekend, it is still safely stored, it's just a 2+ hour drive each way for me to reclaim it.

3. Remove the buckles from one of my old mostly worn out pairs of shoes, and slap them on a newer pair.

4. Maybe some smalll accessories to give extra depth to the portrayal... but in truth, I have quite a bit

I'm actually excited, to actually be able to use my Independent Company of Foote impression at a place where it is not only documented, at event perfect for it.

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 7:53 PM, Mary Diamond said:

Sad to say some of the reference links aren’t working… but so glad you will be able to bring out such a well pulled together impression!

Yeah, a lot of old broken links... but luckily I still recall most of the info.

Michael_banner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't be happier that you're presenting the Independent Company of Foote.  It'll be nice to see a uniform that fits the period.  I've enjoyed having British troops at other events, but the correct uniform just ticks off another box.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds amazing! Kudos to ye. Can't wait to see images of yo'r attire.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!