Secret Gift Exchange 2023

Duchess

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Commodore Swab said:

Looks like an ornament or is functional?

Functional, I’d guess. The mechanism sticks a bit, and I haven’t been able to loosen the top for filling, but I was able to drop wire through the nozzle, and it went all the way to the bottom of the bag. If anyone 👀 knows more about this lovely gem, I’d be happy for the information! The comparable ones I have found online are reproductions or auction house items, with a shorter nozzle.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I got mine last night when I went and saw a friend.  Beautiful box with a nice quill and homemade ink that I should be using at Alafia Rendezvous here in a week.  Years ago Ivan Henry had a batch of those flasks but the tips were shorter. The top would unscrew, veteran arms sells a new one that size but they are all brass.  It looks like yours has a new tip probably to make priming easier.  

id.jpg

Okay, now that I have finally sent the gift to my recipient (and since she knew who her giftee was, I forwarded a tracking # as well)...

I received mine back in mid-December... I tore into it thinking it was a random package from a known prankster, only to realize that said prankster was my generous Xmas-gift-giver.

Hawt damn, there was a lot of amazing goodies in there. But most amazing, a pair of cat-toys for my two cats was even included!

But seriously Stynky, that was an amazingly generous bundle, and I truly love it all. Specially that brown hat-blank, it definitely matches my general earth-tones vibe that I cling to for my re-enacting gear.

Michael_banner.jpg

2 hours ago, michaelsbagley said:

But seriously Stynky, that was an amazingly generous bundle, and I truly love it all.

Excellent, I'm glad you liked everything!

But just a heads up on one of the ancient Pyracy Pub Gift Exchange artifacts I sent, the rubber duck. Back when Duchess started this gift exchange thing, she sent it to me for my first gift exchange. Ever since, It has been loved and cherished.

Anyway, I got sick of it staring at me in judgment, I now pass it on to you.

PXL_20231208_182837891.jpg.7589fe3e594ad9ff8935e36aacb23527.jpg   

On 12/26/2023 at 12:58 PM, Red-Handed Jill said:

Hope you find a good use for that!  If memory serves, Patt dyed his and made a pair of slops.  There should be more than enough for either that or a shirt.

I got a cool scarf from Duchess with block-printed nautical motifs!

Not just a cool scarf, each of those blocks was made by a Pub member and printed by me. You are now in possession of the proof print for the 2023 Traveling Yard. It is 100% cotton and will take dye nicely, or wear it proudly as is. :D

16 hours ago, Stynky Tudor said:

But just a heads up on one of the ancient Pyracy Pub Gift Exchange artifacts I sent, the rubber duck. Back when Duchess started this gift exchange thing, she sent it to me for my first gift exchange. Ever since, It has been loved and cherished.

Now that I know of the extra special significance of that particular duck. I will cherish it all the more... until the next time I participate in one of these (next year), and forward it to the next person with the same short history lesson. Rubber Pirate Duck can become the Pub's unofficial flat Stanley.

Michael_banner.jpg

3 hours ago, Duchess said:

Not just a cool scarf, each of those blocks was made by a Pub member and printed by me. You are now in possession of the proof print for the 2023 Traveling Yard. It is 100% cotton and will take dye nicely, or wear it proudly as is. :D

I wondered about that.  Makes it even cooler!

RHJMap.jpg

On 12/27/2023 at 4:32 PM, Stynky Tudor said:

PXL_20231208_182837891.jpg.7589fe3e594ad9ff8935e36aacb23527.jpg   

oooh a Dyrate Puck! I get it blows in dhe tark and neeps you up at kight!

Mercury has a mascot!

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

On 12/27/2023 at 4:36 PM, Stynky Tudor said:

As what can be expected, I lied about only getting trash bags, madPete sent me a bunch of cool stuff!

PXL_20231226_121201784.jpg.d04c1dacce3da66099247e2878da3ac2.jpgPXL_20231226_121417327.jpg.4b293d50ba4ad246b16399a4995b97e7.jpgPXL_20231226_121429823.jpg.c3f0854361867ea996bc823b795cbc74.jpgPXL_20231226_121246627.jpg.f3e829614057173db6e7bcb13eae2341.jpgPXL_20231226_122010309_MP.jpg.c71d1e474d23fa5e051938f4af00df9e.jpg

If I see you with that trash bag box strapped to yer belt, I'm gonna bury ye in it!

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

5 hours ago, Stynky Tudor said:

Well it lookes like someone has gotten an early start on the New Years revelry...

Hic... I received the Apple Pie from DB Couper, bought at Ft Gaines Dead Man's Chest Auction. I still have a bottle left.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Well folks, I believe that makes a wrap for the 2023 Pub Gift Exchange.

Thank you to everyone who participated this year, I've enjoyed our communications and seeing your fabulous and thoughtful gifts. Here's looking ahead to a fantastic 2024!

2 hours ago, Duchess said:

Well folks, I believe that makes a wrap for the 2023 Pub Gift Exchange.

Three cheers to Duchess for kicking ass and corralling (us) kittens!

Hip-hip, Huzzah!

Hip-hip, Huzzah!

Hip-hip, Huzzah!

Looking forward to the next Pub Gift Exchange, Happy Holidays everybody!