Interest in a Yamasee War (1715-1717) living history, January-February area of 2024? (Beaufort, SC)

Chirurgery93

Hey y'all. A few of us with the Crew of the Charles Revenge in Charleston are organizing a Yamasee War living history in Beaufort, SC for either January or February of 2024. Final dates are being sorted at the moment (but seem to be focusing on the first weekend of Jan or first weekend of Feb). For those that don't know, this is a Golden Age of Piracy adjacent event that pitted SC sailors against Native peoples rebelling against oppression. The war was a meek victory for colonists, but the colony was very weak afterwards and was exploited by pirates because of this military weakness (hint hint Blackbeard's famous blockade of 1718). Golden age sailor outfits are appropriate. We have a museum that has room for up to 20 reenactors (although more can likely take part if they get hotel rooms nearby or stay at local campsites which should be very quiet in January or Feb), we are offered breakfast, firewood, etc. The Beaufort history museum (a 1700s arsenal) will be the location, but the war happened all over the frontier b/w SC and Georgia. If interested, please send a join request to https://www.facebook.com/groups/1337802210147720 (Yamasee War Living History Planning group). This is the first event of its kind anywhere and we are super excited

I'm within the 8(ish) hour drive range.... and honestly, having a uniform of the English Solider, and all related kit for the era, I'd probably be more appropriate for the event than pirates portraying "not-pirates" would.... 
But I'm trying to narrow the scope of Facebook groups I am in rather than add additional ones. Is there a way to get the cliff-notes details without alll of the "blahditty-blah" of joining yet another chat group?

Michael_banner.jpg