new pieces for next events

madPete

I broke down and finished a couple new linen shirts, figuring I would need them for a 4 day event in the fall. When throwing my kit together I want to use my Buccaneer jacket more often, but my waistcoats are all long and hang below the coat. So I threw together a simple linen short waistcoat. I didnt even do pockets, I literally started put it together last Sunday and finished the button holes/attached buttons today.

I also tried something new with the shirts. Reenforcement stitch on the neck slit. First one is not perfect, but it will do the job...

20230701_170404.jpg

20230701_170445.jpg

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Thanks! Hopefully it encourages others to try their hand. it takes a bit of practice (and I hate the instructions that come with most patterns). When I needed help I went to youtube for instructions, but most if it is old hat now.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

AAGGGHHHH! I went to all that work and then left my wardrobe hanging on the closet door! The coats, waistcoats and new shirts all stayed at home. Next time it goes on the pyle so I dont miss it! Fortunately I had slops and socks and one old shirt thrown in by accident.

Long Beach went well anyway!

I guess I need to follow my own fly advice when I drive to an event too. Basic kit in a backpack on my back !!!

wardrobe.jpg

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Don't ye hate when that happens? Well, glad Long Beach went well nevertheless. What very few pictures I've seen, and from two people reporting in after going to the event, it sounds like it was a lovely pirate event. 

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 month later...

William took a lot of pics and posted most of them on facebook. We did some staged ones on the beach burying treasure, marooned etc... I'll ask If I can post them here on the pub.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

4 hours ago, madPete said:

William took a lot of pics and posted most of them on facebook. We did some staged ones on the beach burying treasure, marooned etc... I'll ask If I can post them here on the pub.

Please do! I can never find what I am looking for in the FB black hole…

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!