July 9th marks the 20 year anniversary of the theatrical release of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and the subsequent launch of the film franchise! While it’s rapidly approaching, I’m still trying to plan something to celebrate the occasion. 

Are others planning anything? If so, what? Please share any plans, thoughts, and/or ideas you might be having; or feel free to discuss your memories of seeing the film for the first night, what influence and/or impact the film (or franchise) has had on you (good or bad), etc. 

While the 9th is a Sunday and a work night for most of us, I’ll likely be kind to me neighbors and not do anything too extravagant, but as it stands I’m thinking of hosting a ‘Movie Night’ screening of The Black Pearl for a small group of friends and family which will likely include a rum tasting. I welcome any other thoughts or ideas from me brethren here though! Thanks in advance for any ideas (or discussion)! 

“A fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot.”

I've not yet planned that far ahead yet as there's been FAR too much happening this month, and for the next week and a half that I just can't get my head beyond July 1st. Sad, I know. 
However, I wish I could participate in something. I'm a bit marooned, as it were. 

Well, PotC led me to meet all ye fine people! Some in person! I've had some of amusing swashbuckling adventures, including some delightful moments pestering Jack Sparrow. PotC was, and still is, refreshing. 
And honestly never thought Barbossa's mysterious beloved would actually be used in the films. Surprise! At least Lady B has a proper name now. 

I know some fans are eager to do something, looking for something, wanting... something. 

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

12 hours ago, Coastie04 said:

I'll definitely have to dust off the DVD and watch it with my kids

Indeed! There be a whole new generation waiting to discover what will be for many of them, ‘new’ adventures! 

“A fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot.”

On 6/18/2023 at 2:21 PM, Picaroon Lagoon said:

July 9th marks the 20 year anniversary of the theatrical release of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Wow, I had forgot.

Back in 2003, there was suppose to be some sort of screening I think at the Pirates in Paradise Festival in Key West, FL. Though I was at the event, I don't recall if it actually happened, maybe @Hurricane recalls?

Looks like I'm going to have to dig out my DVD.

Heads up! 

Disney is actually doing something! They are re-releasing films to theaters starting next month until October, and Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl is slated to be in select theaters (Marcus Theaters confirmed) in the US from July 7 - 21, 2023! So, we get PotC on it's 20th anniversary! 

I say let's show Disney that Pirates is still beloved and spread the word! 🏴‍☠️

4 hours ago, LadyBarbossa said:

I say let's show Disney that Pirates is still beloved and spread the word!

In my very best Captain Barbossa voice: “AGREED” 

14 hours ago, LadyBarbossa said:

Heads up! 

Disney is actually doing something! They are re-releasing films to theaters starting next month until October, and Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl is slated to be in select theaters (Marcus Theaters confirmed) in the US from July 7 - 21, 2023! So, we get PotC on it's 20th anniversary! 

I say let's show Disney that Pirates is still beloved and spread the word! 🏴‍☠️

Thank you for the detail and schedule!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

So... apparently PotC 1 is NOT showing in Iowa. I guess when Disney meant select, they really meant "let's show PotC in too few theaters and not show it in some states!" sort of thing. Foreign fans are livid. I don't blame them. 

Either way, watch PotC and post about it. Grab Disney's attention. There was a hint from Martin Klebba of PotC 6, so.. like it or not, we just might get another PotC film after all. 🏴‍☠️

Yeah…. Not showing near me unfortunately, either. 

But I’ll be celebrating all the same! 🏴‍☠️☠️🏴‍☠️