Skull and Bones video game

So I've been giddily excited for this game for years - am possibly the only person in the world who played AC: Black Flag FOR the sailing and nautical combat rather then in spite of so a game built specifically on those mechanics sounds delightful to me.

But then just found this gem of a trailer with a "shanty" they had written just for the game, that is hands down an absolute bop.

Any other games pirates frothing at the mouth for this to come out already around here?

I’m not a video game player, I could just never get into it, but I do appreciate the art form, the graphics, the lore, etc. So while I won’t likely be taking up gaming with the launch of this new game, I have to admit that I have been loving this song! Guilty pleasure? Perhaps. But I love that it is something new, yet something familiar. A nod to many past influences that is still original enough to be refreshing and damn if it isn’t a catchy tune! 

“A fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot.”

On 6/20/2023 at 1:46 PM, Mary Diamond said:

I thought I had beta’d that game years back, but your post has renew’d my interest! I love the concepts of AC, but always felt the control less intuitive than other games.

Honestly, with how long it's been in dev, i wouldn't be surprised if you did beta it years ago...the wait has been interminable!  But they've got another closed beta coming up, and pre-orders live on the website so maybe the wait is finally at an end, even though release date is only as specific as "2023"

I love the concept and art of AC, but I'm a slightly sophisticated button masher, so stealth games are not ideal for me. I only ever played black flag to completion and that was only just barely so i could level up and unlock more ships.

7 hours ago, TudorSmith said:

I love the concept and art of AC, but I'm a slightly sophisticated button masher, so stealth games are not ideal for me.

😄

I enjoy the challenge of stealth, as well as the adrenaline of fps… just couldn’t wrap my head around the changed controls, and found that a frustrating distraction to the story and graphics.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!